Foods to eat and avoid during weight loss regime {Health}

I had posted about my weight loss resolution a while back. Not that its really working out great but I thought I would do a post on what foods to avoid during weight loss regimes.
Substitute Brown Rice for White Rice
Brown Rice has amazing amount of fiber and nutrition as compared to white rice. You can read about the comparison here. Also, it has amazing amount of health benefits as well. More fiber is equal to increased metabolism of the body and higher rate of fat burning. And, fiber keeps a person full for longer and control the cravings. I have noticed that whenever I eat white rice I always put on weight which doesn’t happen when I eat brown rice.
Avoid Potatoes
Potatoes are one of the most dangerous foods when on a weight loss regime. I love potatoes to the core and can’t ever avoid them in any form, be it sandwiches or parathas or golgappas ๐Ÿ˜€ My mouth is already watering!!! So, try to avoid the huge potatoes and if you have to eat the potatoes, go for the baby potatoes as they are more nutritious and have less starch as compared to the bigger ones. Oh, I forgot to tell you that you can always have baked potatoes.
No Carbohydrates after 6:00 PM
This is one of the most important things to remember. Eating sugar or any carbohydrates after 6 is bound to increase your fat. Because, the carbohydrates and sugar get accumulated and do not get metabolised by the body in the evenings properly. So, say no to pastries and cheese and rice and all the yummy things after 6!!! For dinner, concentrate only on more of the fiber intake so that the digestion is faster and easier.

Would you like to add anything to the list?

Comments

1. Pranali says

the carbohydrate image increased my craving for bread even more! I can barely wait for it to be morning when i have my breakfast and I enjoy the toast and butter!
    oops! this thought wont let me sleep now :(

haha…bread is the first no no for weight loss….yes, even brown bread coz it does spike the insulin levels which increases the belly fat…I shall do a separate post on it!!

yes, I removed the moderation :)

2. Nife Ibiyemi says

i totally agree with you concerning the not eating CHO after six. since there will be no much activity that will aid the catabolism of CHO after six. excess sugar are converted to gycogen and also fat when not broken down. fibers aid digestion…. You have said the truth

3. makeup and beauty by prayati says

nice post…i am on a weight loss regime too….we should not have and fizzy drinks and foods with maida as flour in it… :)

Ahh..the right post at the right time..I’m going on a strict weight loss regime..Can you believe it I gained 10 kilos within a few months…45 kgs to straight 55 kga…I really gotta do something now..
    Thanks for the help Swati :)

Thanks for a really helpful post.

True, white rice and potatoes are full of carbs and if some one is eating these then the person should try burning the calories got from these foods otherwise it automatically turns into fat in our body.

Right here is the right website for everyone who really wants
    to understand this topic. You know so much its almost hard
    to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject that’s been written about for a long time.
    Excellent stuff, just great!

my web site: how to make a lot of money