Fenugreek Curd Hair Mask {Reader’s Tip}

Thanks Sonal for the wonderful tip :)

The curd- methi powder mask works wonders for hair! Take 2 tsp of methi powder in a bowl of curd. Apply it on hair, wear a shower cap and wait for 45 mins. Wash it properly with ample water, a little messy & sticky but good for hair. Instead of shampooing right after, apply oil and wash it off the next morning :)”

Read more Reader’s Tips here

Comments

1. Dawn says

I tried the method of drinking soaked fenugreek seeds. I had to stop doing this because it makes me so bloated that I was very uncomfortable. :( I will have to use this curd and fenugreek powder method. Could you tell me what is curd? Is it like yogurt? Btw, I tried the aloe vera with rosemary, ginger and lavender mixture for my hair after shower, I am seeing a difference already. Hair loss is less but then it could be the combination of the fenugreek I was taking then.

hi Dawn…oh!! I didn’t know it also makes one feel bloated. curd is yogurt :) oh, did you see the DIY I put up or you read about it somewhere else?? yeah, it could be either. now that you have stopped fenugreek, you can judge whether the aloevera mixture is doing anything or not. do let me know the results :)

both…which pil u prefer…n do u prefer applying it on the scalp only or on length also..???

i use to keep methi in a cup full of water overnight n next day i use to mix it(after makin a fine paste in mixer) with curd n apply on hair but evn after the hairwash little amount of methi use to remain in my hair n in my efforts of removing it 2-3 strands of my hair use to break down :(

Please sugget me remedy
    I M having many white hairs which makes me look old.
    which natural hair colour or black mehndi will be appropriate?
    or if theres any home remedy which removes it completely.

hi…getting your hairs black again is a little difficult process but using mustard or sesame oil regularly is a damn good idea to get your hair back to black.
      also, biotique mehendi/henna is good, the only one tried in fact so can’t really compare but its not black mehendi. guess, shahnaz has one. you should check it out. heard a lot about it!!!

“The curd- methi powder mask works wonders for hair! Take 2 tsp of methi powder in a bowl of curd. Apply it on hair, wear a shower cap and wait for 45 mins. Wash it properly with ample water, a little messy & sticky but good for hair. Instead of shampooing right after, apply oil and wash it off the next morning

i have read this , so does it matters if we soak methi powder in curd overnight or don’t?

Soak 3 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds(methi) in water over night. In the morning make a thick paste of fenugreek and add it to 1 cup beaten curd. Apply the hair mask and leave it for 45 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo

6. Aks says

My hair has always been very strong and healthy ,n i have never faced any hair problem in my life though i have used many hair gels n chemicals.
    These days i am using Gatsby hair gel but whenever i use it, a day later it seems that my hair have turned little brownish in colour which becomes black again in some time so Is it damaging my hair..??

Also Can i use onion for keeping my hair strong and healthy as they are……??

may be the gel gets oxidized but I have not much idea regd this issue!!! yes, you can use onion juice but if you already have good hair, no need to do anything. just be regular with your routine!! also, onion changes the hair color to copper.

i HAVE GOT fENUGREEK POWDER FROM MARKET, WILL IT BE HELPFUL IN ANYTHINg IF I DRINK IT WITH WATER?
    hOW CAN ONE IT DRINK IT ,KINDLY SUGEST ..

swati my mother told me to fry d seeds lil bit before soaking it..so dt it wl gv more fragrance so is it advisable?

Pls reply

Hi, I have grey hairs which makes me look older. Heard that mustard oil can make grey hairs black again. Is that true?

hii swati i applied d curd fenugreek pack left it 2 hrs but on pre oiled hair n den washed it off wid shampoo vl this make ny difference coz my hair was pre oiled kindly reply me soon tc

Hi swati my hair is very thin and now a days i’m applying methi powder with yoghart but i think every time when i sampoo my hair i’m loosing 30-40 hairs,is it okay or abnormal and 1 more thing can i apply methi and curd paste weekly?

Priya

hey Priya….everyday you can lose upto 200 hairs without growing really tensed about it :) so, don’t worry. even i have thin hair but yes if you still want to prevent it, you can apply methi and curd paste every weekend :) it does help with hair fall and hair texture!

Take 4tsp black seeds(kaloonji)+4tsp meethi seeds roast them slightly in a pan,then mix it in ur hair oil.keep the oil in sun for 4 days then use it.you will see the difference in one month.