Some more things about me!!!

Thanks, Ray and Rashmi :) And, check out my answers. Hope you don’t get bored.
11 random stuff about me:
  1. I like to live every moment of my life and lately, I have been missing out on that.
  2. I talked to four of my friends tonight ๐Ÿ˜€ All of them older ones, long lost types but we have been in constant touch. So, now you know why the post is late ๐Ÿ˜€
  3. I have a til on my right eye. Any one knows the significance???
  4. I love my name, too much actually.  Shweta and Swati are confusing names, apparently and many times people call me Shweta and they are on my hit list!!!
  5. I love slings more than anything.
  6. I want a hermes scarf, no matter what their cost.
  7. I don’t grow my nails but they always grow in shape, luckily :)
  8. I have not regretted anything in my life till date – bad and good.
  9. This is somewhat personal but the state of being married makes me apprehensive to the core.
  10. I love Agatha Christie. She has taught me some of the very important things in life. Or, rather her books before you get the idea that I am visited by her ghost ๐Ÿ˜€
  11. Some one said that my writing was self-deprecating and witty. Any thoughts or comments??
Ray’s Questions
1. Idea behind the name of the blog?
Well, actually, I wanted to name my blog with the niche words and somehow this struck up. I don’t even remember my thinking process now!!!
2. Meaning of my name.
Swati means the first drop of water which falls on the ground, the most awaited one. Or, the dew drop. Or, its a lotus.
3. Why I started the blog?
Boredom, need for something different and love for my hair and a will to share my new-found knowledge.
4. Fashion Idol.
I totally, absolutely adore Angeline Jolie. She is “the perfect” for me ๐Ÿ˜€
5. What’s my first cosmetic?
Well, I am confused between cosmetic and beauty product. I think it means makeup so guess it was a Lakme compact.
6. Who got that?
My mum.
7. My Staple product I have been using till date.
Roghan Badam Shirin :)
8. Favorite Sunscreen.
Marie Veronique Organics Moisturising Face Screen
9. Do you consult a dermatologist / dentist regularly?
Err…nope!!! No dermatologist is reliable and dentists are way too busy ๐Ÿ˜€
10. Favorite cosmetic brand.
Ooops..can’t think. Thinking…thinking…yeah, I remember, its Nivea and not a cosmetic but a beauty product.
11. Mother’s day gift for mom!!
Nothing!!
Rashmi’s Questions
1. What is one quality you adore and one you hate in your best friend and/or boyfriend?
I admire the struggles he has been through and still emerged pretty well. And, I hate that he doesn’t take out time for living life!! All work and no play.
2. One movie and one song that was,is and will be your favourite always?
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna and “Har ghadi” from Kal Ho Na Ho. Also, I love “Confession” from Josh Groban.
3. One product that is always in your vanity?
Baby Wipes.
4. Cheapest and costliest beauty product you own?
Cheapest is nivea lip balm right now. And, costliest is The Body Shop Polynesian Monoi Oil in my stash.
5. Topmost thing in your wishlist right now?
A DSLR or P&S from Canon.
6. Do you any phobias? Which is your biggest one?
Heights. Dead afraid of them!!!
7. One thing you think you are best at?
Being myself.
8. If given choice you could convert into any one person for one day, who’d that be? and why?
I would convert to the person I most admire and live their life and understand life from their perspective.
9. One rule you have broken?? ๐Ÿ˜€
Many actually!!! Listen to what parents say.
10. One thing that is indispensable in your life??
As I said yesterday, specs!!!

Thanks a lot, guys!!! It was fun answering the questions!! They did make me think a lot as well :(

Update: There is this very very beautiful piece of post which I would want all of you to read once. Please!!! I am pretty sure you will like it :) Click here to read it.

Comments

hey Ray…you know what!! I used to love Miss M earlier too much actually and I used to hate HP…but, now, I really lik eHP’s stories…its like Miss M doesn’t come as alive as HP does with all his grandeur and failings and still those “little grey cells” ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Vanu says

Swati very simple answers to the questions. Half of the time i dont know what answers will i gv if anyone asks me dez many questions!!?

2. Padmaja says

Nice !
    Ray and Rashmi compiled nice questions!

you know what Swati, I too love my name so much ๐Ÿ˜€ I hate when people make it short and address as Padma

haha…thanks for telling me that Padmaja…many times I was tempted to write “Pady” ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ but, then, some instinct told me you won’t like it!!!

yeah…I love that blog. they seriously talk about serious stuff. oh point no. 60 is awesome and even before I read it, I have always done that and seriously, it takes you out of your own life and shows some more of the world!!! oh, btw, I have compiled all my favourites into a post on the other in case you wanna check out :)

• Padmaja says

ha ha… for some strange reason, I don’t like being called Padma with all due respect to the ladies who carry the name :) … Paddy is fine… some friends address me that way :) most of them address me with another short name … but Padma is something that even relatively new people feel like it’s ok to address just because only a ‘ja’ is the difference… and that ‘ja’ makes all the difference to my name and me is what they miss and I don’t them want to miss that and change my name :)

you can address me Paddy if it’s easy for u ๐Ÿ˜‰ …actually thats the name I take on another blog ๐Ÿ˜€

the saying goes “what’s in a name”…
      There is everything in a name ๐Ÿ˜‰ even if it’s a nickname :)

• Padmaja says

I will check out :)

by the way, I too love quotes :)
      I have framed one quote long back ..will share it sometime …

haha..I know what’s that other short name…btw, are you a telugu??? oh yes, everything is in a name…you know something strange…i reject most of the guys on the basis of their names ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ i know really stupid!! but, for me, name is very important.
      oh!! would love to read that one :)

• Padmaja says

yup.. me a telugu :) so you know the other name..great! ๐Ÿ˜€

will share it… but mind you … it’s copyrighted… U need to take my permission before you share it somewhere :p

is it the one which the inspector in pokiri uses for his wife???? or, otherwise, you should tell me ๐Ÿ˜€ haha don’t worry, I will definitely take your permission on a stamp paper ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Padmaja says

he he he… not that one…
      Ok..here it is…took time to recall…but I bet it’s my own quote ๐Ÿ˜€

Neglect and Regret are more than just rhyming words…you neglect only to regret…

sounds silly na ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Padmaja says

naah… I want to make money by selling my quote :p
      You beauty bloggers and online shopping sites are making me go
      bankrupt :p

3. Padmaja says

that post is awesome Swati! Some points I loved and I believe in…read 60…will read the rest again :)

nice answers swati was fun readin as always but really enjoyed reading the 101 quotes do some more post like tis if u find some more stuff take care. thnks for writin tis blog

been reading ur blog since it was blue in color :) its really awesome and unique, believe me. so happy to read a blog without a million lipsticks and blushes and nail paints (no offence just my personal preference) and stuff that you actually do at home and advice that matters. I love Agatha Christie too she is a freakin genius..My favorite is “And then there were none”..I am reading Crooked House now..I also started with Miss M and then loved HP so much. When we were little Doordarshan used to show HP on tv..Wish they would show it again now.. Keep the good work going

haha…thanks so much….blue was looooong time back ๐Ÿ˜€ weird thing you talked about personal preference coz that’s what I always think that whether people like the blog coz it has no makeup stuff on it!!! this comments of yours has made my day :)

oh ya, AC is so awesome…you know I always feel that the atmosphere of my room changes when I read her novels ๐Ÿ˜€ oh my gosh…”And then there were none” is so horrifying!!! did you see the movie gumnaam?? I don’t know if you watch hindi movies but this movie is almost inspired form the novel!!! And, crooked house is my fav!!! do tell me how you like it??? would love to know :) don’t forget to read murder of Roger Ackroyd which is supposed to be her masterpiece but I guessed the murderer :( and the blue train and orient express are also amazing…4:50 from paddington is a great Miss M’s story!!! I love HP :)

oh really?? I wish they would show them again!!! and, thanks a lot for your comment :)