Eyebrow Waxing – anyone? {Your Opinion}

Today, me and my friend were talking about threading and eyebrows and as you might already be aware, I have never got my eyebrows done till date. The only reason is because I can’t bear the pain. Waxing itself is too much for me but at least its over in a single-go. So, a long time back, I found out that in US and almost all other countries, eyebrows are waxed and not threaded.
I tried to find out in Hyderabad but it seems that the parlour and salon people are pretty much clueless about it!!! They have no idea that eyebrows get waxed too. Instead, they looked at me as if I’m off my hinges ๐Ÿ˜€ Anyway, so I wanted to ask if you have had any experience with eyebrow waxing? Do you know of any place in Hyderabad where eyebrows are waxed?
Of course, I do know that its a dangerous proposition so one has to go to experienced and reliable people. Imagine coming off with waxed eyebrows!!! **horror** But, my friend told me that its pretty much less painful than threading and gives a good shape to the eyebrows when compared to threading. And, yes, even upper lips are waxed. That’s I guess available in all salons.

Would you like to get the eyebrows waxed?

1. RAY says

waxing upper lips is very common…you get wax strips meant only for face…but you ve to be skillful if you are waxing eyebrows….otherwise you ll end up looking goofy

haha..I know, right??? you know I saw a movie in which a guy goes to get his eyebrows done before the date and the girl who was attending him uses an electric shaver. and, something happens at the very moment she places the shaver at the guy’s right eyebrow and the whole eyebrow gets shaved off ๐Ÿ˜€
      yeah waxing upper lips is common but I would rather get that too done by someone than doing it myself.

Hi swati…ya,eyebrow waxing is some how a new concept for most parlours ;( I have been doing the waxing of bodily hair at home(i use cold wax/sugaring).From past 3 months i was waxing my eyebrows too(just the extra hairs above the desired eyebrow line)and plucking the rest.But somewhere on net i read that continual waxing will stretch skin & will eventually lead to dropping of skin and premature ageing of facial skin n wrinkels.Since then i just pluck my eyebrows,it is less painful than waxing.

baap re!!! now I feel, its better I leave my face alone ๐Ÿ˜€ doing waxing at home is definitely cheaper and easy for those who like to be private…many of my friends also do it but its equally messy and one does need to have a knack to do it. I tried but failed miserably :(

I shave my own eyebrows. But I had my eyebrows waxed and threaded before.

I prefer threading, because waxing sometimes pulls out skin. And they dont always get all the hair off. So, after waxing, they have to pluck every hair left.

oh my gosh, how do you shave??? I mean doesn’t it make the growth too fast and the stray hairs too prominent??? and, I’m really afraid of this waxing stuff as well!!! Monali said in the above comment that it leads to aging and wrinkling of facial skin and you are saying it pulls out…ouch!!! I have decided that I would listen to my mom in this respect and rather leave my face alone ๐Ÿ˜€ she always says that you are so lazy that you wouldn’t continue with anything and it looks really bad if one doesn’t maintain the eyebrows so its better you leave them alone.

4. Padmaja says

I heard even Kareena Kapoor doesn’t get her eyebrows done :)

Getting eyebrows done really makes a lot of difference to one’s face… especially, I feel it elevates our Indian features… yeah, it’s somewhat painful.. no pain… no gain ๐Ÿ˜‰

I dont know how painless eyebrow waxing is compared to threading, but logically I think the skin near eyebrows being sensitive, threading is more safer than waxing… Also, I feel waxing gives thin eyebrows which everyone may not prefer…uff long comment :)

• manya says

Kareena doesnot do her brows as in an interview she told her beautician has suggested her not to do, she has advised ungroomed brows suit kareena

is it??? I didn’t know that. I think she might have rather got laser done over there…I mean it really costs nothing for them, right??? but, I do remember that kajol didn’t used to get her eyebrows done in 90’s. you could see the meeting point of her eyebrows too.
      yes, waxing would definitely give thin eyebrows. and, yup a good shape does really elevate the entire face and also makes it look cleaner and sharper.
      haha, don’t worry about long comments :) you can’t write much in one two lines except saying great post and all which all the bloggers really hate ๐Ÿ˜€

• Padmaja says

I too think undone eyebrows suit her better…but in Bodyguard, I could see her facial hair in one close up shot.. not a happy sight…

undone eyebrows is one thing but facial hair is totally something else!!! they can easily get lasers done na??? I guess she might have got it bleached which is why close up shot wasn’t really friendly. may be she is also afraid of the pain ๐Ÿ˜€

• Padmaja says

May be ๐Ÿ˜€ it was really like a shock to me … Kareena Kapoor and facial hair :O
      It wont be visible on TV though ๐Ÿ˜‰

but, I think these small things make them look more real otherwise its just like they are sitting on another planet and people just keep on idolising them.

5. manya says

Even if anyone proposes me to wax my eye brows in parlours, i would never allow them, they do such bad jobs, I cant trust them at all with it! But yes I its done big parlours, may be I had seen at habibs!

yeah, even I won’t get it done by just anyone…only those who are experienced and referred by my friends :) lets see if I ever go for it…some people have given scary feedbacks according to comments above ๐Ÿ˜€

6. shruthi says

Waxing??? I havent got my eyebrows since my birth! Am extremely scared to even thread them :( But i do pluck off 2 or 3 hairs occassionaly! I suggest u go by ur mom’s words and leave them the way they are…

7. Padmaja says

Kajol used to do her eyebrows except for the meeting point… It’s considered lucky if eyebrows meet :)

If u want to you go for threading instead of waxing …u can get it done when u go for waxing

oh is it??? yeah, it is thought to be lucky…lemme check if mine meet ๐Ÿ˜€ well, they do but not quite prominently!!! now, I don’t know if that’s lucky.
      naah yaar…I’m too scared of threading!!! you know I shout and whimper so much for even getting my legs waxed after 2 years of getting it done continuously. and, my friend who also never used to get eyebrows done started to get it done after engg and she did say that it pains a lot :(

• Padmaja says

looks like u are scared a lot ๐Ÿ˜€
      a lot depends on the person who does the job..some do it just carelessly..and it hurts a lot …
      I dont really dare to change my beauticien at least for the eyebrows…only twice i changed, fortunately it was a good job ! If it’s a bad job, it’s again a pain to get them back in shape

and it’s somewhat difficult for people with thick eyebrows

hmmm….that’s something….it’s always difficult to find a good beautician who can take good care of you!!! some are just not interested and do it for the heck….and, then, they are like why does it pain you so much??? seriously, yesterday, I went to get my legs waxed and honestly, my skin is so sensitive that the wax has to be literally cold or it burns a lot on my skin and the girl was putting hot wax on my skin initially and I had to be really rude to her to make her understand that its my skin and it is burning me!!! and, she was like after sometime, why does it burn you so much and I was like its skin, how do I know??? what answer anyone would give to such kind of a question??? and, then, she was like, yes, its true, it happens to some people but they are very rare otherwise people don’t mind the heat….they already know all that but still they don’t really care I feel and unfortunately, yesterday, the lady who regularly attends me was on an off!! it was bad.

• Padmaja says

try not to get it done with asaudaranya… Some are really under trained… and they dont know how to handle the clients
      After all, it’s our skin and we cant take a risk …

• Padmaja says

sorry yaar ! Am logging in from my phone…these spelling mistakes are unavoidable and a pain :(
      I typed assistants … Something got selected… :(

yeah I didn’t understand what was written…that’s ok :) yeah, but if not the assistants, who will do??? I can’t do the waxing on my own :( but, there is one of the girls who knows how I like my waxing to be done and she does take good care of me. but, she was not there today :(
      are, btw, if you are logging in from phone, I just wanted to ask you is there any change in how the website first opens??? I mean are you redirected to something???

• Padmaja says

Previouly nothing… since yesterday, getting a pop up that a Mobile App is available… Is that what u were asking ?

yeah, actually, I did create mobile app..don;t know if its actually useful or not because in mobile the blog posts don’t show up nicely na :( one has to scroll right and left and up and down na??? how do you read??? is it really painful???

• Padmaja says

Yeah…it’s lil difficult :)I swap between moblie and web versions…there is no search in mobile version…. Otherwise it looks neat :)
      Also, am able to comment only in mobile version
      I tried downloading the mobile App …but was taking time…so stopped
      Anyways, I prefer chking out when I feel like… So don’t really need a mobile App :)

hmmm…i was recently thinking of making blog mobile friendly…mobile viewers are gonna increase na…easy to do in wordpress…hopefully blogger too does something about it!!!

• Princess says

Hey Padmaja, I too think its lucky if they meet and hence always tell the beautician to never wax the middle part.. they meet in my case too, and its evident only in a closeup.. not long shot. I like to keep them meeting, and prefer not to wax the meeting part… it felt nice to read someone else also say the same… not sure whether its really true though! :)

swati it depends on the person doing the threading.. there is one aunty i know..u wont even know its happening and u get such nice shapely brows.. all the others were just average..if u find such a person its good.. its best to get eyebrows done. it really elevates your face and u hardly need any makeup if u have well groomed brows.. btw.. i havent threaded for 6 months.. hi hi.. :)

oh some experienced aunties are amazing!!!not threaded for 6 months??? then, no stray hairs or you just pluck them??? coz I remember a gal who didn’t thread her eyebrows during exams and they grew back and she had really bushy eyebrows so she was looking horrible!!!

9. Princess says

When I read eyebrow waxing on your page, I couldn’t believe it. I have searched high and low for someone who could wax eyebrows since I cant stand threading and while its common in the US to wax, here it sounds like greek and latin to people. Anyways, I had a beautician who was open to experimenting and i was the 1st client on which she waxed eyebrows.( yes, i am fearless and bold that way :) and waxing is something that is painless for me so i suggested her to do it and it worked! She is not really dependable, although she is good.. so have tried to find someone who does it well since I can only do waxing of eyebrows or do nothing :) And i m from Bombay… and its difficult to find in Mumbai, so i can imagine the situation in hyd.

10. Princess says

:) right, that toh i am ! ya i know, when its hard here, then its like non-existent there. but if u can stand threading, then u can manage na… :)

never got my eyebrows threaded!!! too frightened of it ๐Ÿ˜€ so was willing to give waxing a try but I guess I would leave it for a while. lets see :)