Omved All Skin Types Ubtan {Product Review}

Price: Rs 120 for 50 gms

moong dal (24%), urad dal (24%), red sandalwood (24%), white sandalwood (24%), turmeric (4%)
- cleanses the face really well
- acts as an exfoliant and a cleanser both at the same time
- can be mixed with water, rose water, fruit juices, milk or anything we want to treat our skin to
- I really wish it came in a jar packaging. Make the storage easier otherwise you have to search it for yourself.
My Experience
This is brick red in color and smells heavily of red sandalwood. Frankly, I am not a fan of sandalwood fragrance which is a huge con for me. But, its not that huge an obstacle. I have loved using ubtans since long and they are one of the most ancient remedies we all swear by. Its availability in the market just makes it easier for us to get them and not undergo the huge process of making one at home which does involve some work. But, we can always add some of our own ingredients to this product and store it.
So, how do I use it? I simply wet my face and fingers and take some of the powder on the fingers and apply it lightly on the face and rub it. When needed, scoop more of the powder and use it. Its better for me as I am lazy to mix it in another container but you can always take a table spoon or half and mix it with some liquid to make a paste and apply on the face as a mask. Keep it for two-three minutes and gently scrub it off and wash.
It cleanses really well as all the ubtans do and the green gram dal is amazing at that. It is supposed to be helpful for tanning as well but since I have used the product on and off and not very regularly, I did not see any of those effects. The skin does glow and look supple and hydrated afterward which is something I really like. So, overall, the product does look interesting. It does last long enough but I guess it is a bit expensive for the quantity.
PS: Product sent by brand.
PS1: I have used the photos with prior permission from Tapaswini’s blog “Beauty through my eyes”. And, do check out her review of the same product :)
Other products from Omved:

it looks similar as patanjali divya kanti it better than that one? the quantity is much less compare to the price though.. :(

hey Kuheli…the patanjali kanti lep is a mask for pimples…its not a cleanser!!! this one is a face cleanser but yes, its definitely expensive for the quantity.

hey Tanmayee….your comment is getting registered!!! but, probably blogger doesn’t take the wordpress account!!! and, also, the comment has to be approved by me before it shows up so don’t worry….your earlier comment is also published :)
      and, to answer your query, you can fine omved on

hey,I am using homemade ubtan once a week and not noticing any change on my face. I just use a paste of besan and turmeric, & not use anything else coz my skin is quite sensitive.

I know this is not a thread on aloe vera, but I have a question & would really appreciate if my query is responded to.I would like to know whether aloe vera gel suits sensitive skin. Is it effective for both oily and dry skin?

hey…yes, aloevera is suitable for all kinds of skin…if you have dry skin and you feel a little dryness after applying aloe vera, you can follow with a layer of moisturiser…aloe vera helps in increasing the hydration of the skin internally among other things!!! hope this helps :)

Hey I have Sandalwood powder which includes kesar in it,the powder is not yellow in colour, when i mix milk etc in it then it becomes kind of Red in colour.
    Can i apply it on my face ,skin?
    Will it give the same result as other colour sandalwood powder??

yes, it will give the same effect. which brand is it?? try a patch test first. apply a bit of the paste on the back of your arm and wash off after it gets dry. observe for 24 hours if it reacts or gives any allergy or any other reaction on skin. if it does, avoid it otherwise its safe to use :)

does applying a drop of oil on face or body parts before applying any face pack etc makes it easy while removing it from face/body.
    U have mentioned it somewhere .