My Top 5 Home Remedies this Summer {DIY}

Summers are beating the hell out of me and as I said earlier, I am not a fan of this weather at all. I prefer winters. So, I thought I would share my 5 favourite home remedies for skin.

Yes, I am not a fan of lemon. I find it too drying for my skin and its too acidic as well so I prefer to garnish my salads and dals (lentils) and sabzi’s (curries) with lemon instead of applying it on face. Tomato is much gentler and equally amazing at almost everything.
It removes tan, blemishes and dark spots, evens out the skin tone and makes my skin bright and glowing. And, not only that, I can use it on my hair for the extra shine and to undo the effects of sun damage. And, it doesn’t leave my skin dry. And, its perfect even for sensitive skins for which is lemon is not really suitable.
And, since I am lazy, I take a slice of tomato from my salad and rub it on my skin and let ot dry up and then, I wash it off.
Who doesn’t love cucumber in summers? They feel so hydrating and cool to eat and not to speak of their effects on skin. They are again amazing at evening out the skin tone and removing the tan. And, I forgot to say this above but both tomato and cucumber are great on acne and breakouts too. It cools off ths skin inside and outside both.
Ok, this is not on my favorite fruit list and is highly unlikely it will ever make to one. But, I wouldn’t deny that its the fruit which makes me feel refreshing on the name itself and its a favourite among many people. Again, it gives a hydrated skin staying true to its name and also helps with blemishes and tan.
Coconut Water
Ok, to be frank, I have never used coconut water on my skin. But, I have heard so many people rave about it that it always makes me curious that how well does it do for the skin and hair. But, still, I can’t deny the changes it does to skin even from the inside ;D It keeps the body temperature cooler from the inside and is supposed to be amazing for the complexion.
Yes, my favorite. Thought I love to drink it more than applying it on my skin, I do that sometimes. And, its just fabulous. Be it tanning or breakouts or blemishes or need for a glowing skin, this one remedy address to all. And, if you can spare a cup of buttermilk, add it to your bath as well. It shows a lot of difference.
So, those were my favorite home remedies for the summers. What are yours???
Related Posts:

Summer Skin Care Essentials
Dry Skin and Cracked lips in Summers
Take a refreshing Orange Bath
Wear a scarf – Summer Hair Care
Drink, Drink and Drink – Summer Skin Care
Take care of your skin and hair by drinking water

wow..thumbs up for tomato n cucumber :) i also have never tried coconut water,neither watermelon on time i will give it a try…oh,swati add some slices of raw potatoes and it will do miracle for your skin, specially the tanning.

oh ya….I forgot about potato…why don’t you write post on that???? I have never used potato actually but you could really explain how potato can be used :) and, do try watermelon. more than anything it provides coolness to the skin!!!

all of them are my favourite..but as food.. :P :D sometimes i use tomatoes on face, they work like magic! another DIY for me is applying cucumber and sugar together on face..this one is a bit inconvenient, but great for brightening up the face.. :)

3. Lancy says

Great info Swati :) I heard from a beautician that brides are advised to drink tender coconut every morning in empty stomach for 3 months! She said that this routine does wonders in improving the complexion by balancing the temperature and flushing out the toxins.. Gonna try this, this summer :)

coconut water works amazing on skin toning..tryd!
    bt i face acnes n oily skin..n i came up amazing homemade scrub..with a lil mix n match..
    mix ‘powderd masoor ki daal’ with 3tabl spoons of tomato juic..n water to make a propr paste.
    apply on face n hair..
    let it dry out..takes 20mins..
    then wash it..
    works amazingly!
    try it out..
    hope it helps :)

masoor dal is really good for exfoliation but shouldn’t definitely be used daily and tomato is of course my fav!!! I am pretty sure, this would turn out to be a great DIY recipe..thanks for this :)

i am a teenager…my neck, places between my thighs and also my under arms looks soo black…but i am fair…i fell soo discomfortable to move with thwese blacks…can anyone plzzz suggest me something to do these stuffs…..i will be very happy if any1 suggest me to doi something with home remedies

I have a really bad skin!its getting worse in summer…I get small white coloured pus filled eruptions whenever I go out in Sun and they turn black if left like that pls suggest me something

I have body itching & have consulted a doctor. I was antibiotics, canesten cream & skineal cream. Before completion of the dosage,the itching stopped Α̲̅πd I was healed. But the problem now is the dark brown spot on my two thighs & butt. Wat home remedies can I use to clear the spot. Thanks. Elizabeth from Nigeria

whenever i apply honey+lemon on my face for 10mins , i get itching and irritation. I dont the type of my skin. I just want fair complexion.

This is AMAZING <3 Thank you sooooo much. I’m only in the 8th grade and going to graduate on June 21. Is there anything I can do to my skin to make it achieve a nice glow? Thank you <3 [:

You are doing a nice job Swarti. Please what type of Potato are you saying (Irish or Sweet Potato)?
    Secondly, after applying the banana peel to my face, can I wash off with soap and water. Thanks! Seriously waiting for your response.

Thanks for kind words :-)
      I mean the regular potatoes used in making curries. Definitely not the sweet one but no idea what’s Irish potato.
      wash off with water. That’s enough!

11. Soundrya says

I have oily face.. and also have pimples and pores on my cheek… so can u pls give some advice.. 2days sa ice cube massage panitruken.. it works.. but i want quick remedy.. pls tell some tips Swati Murti

I used orange peel directly on my skin tonight and it tingled a bit . . should I put some lotion on top of it and sleep or I have to wash it before sleep. I’m Korean and I have some dark spots on my face, so I would like to whiten those areas. Your comment would be greatly appreciated.