Homemade Body Polish {DIY}

I have used this once till today and the results have been better than any scrub I have ever used. And, at a pinch of a price.

Ingredients
  • Salt (preferably any Dead Sea Salt, Rock Salt or Epsom Salt)
  • Sugar (preferably Cane Sugar or Jaggery)
  • Honey
Method
Mix salt and sugar in equal quantities enough for the entire body and mix them in honey to make a gooey paste. After your shower, scrub or polish your skin with this mixture until the salt and sugar dissolve which will take some time. If you still have time and mood on hands, leave it on the skin for 15-30 minutes in a hot bathroom. Wash off and follow with moisturizer.
Results
Amazingly soft skin and the difference is very much visible in one time. When I tried it out, my friend couldn’t stop raving about my skin and asked me what did I do. I used this on the face too. And, my skin was glowing literally. And, as I am writing this, I feel like going and doing this again.
Skin Type
Not for sensitive skin (might irritate) and for people suffering from breakouts. Also, make sure you don’t have any wounds or cuts anywhere on your body coz you are using salt. Otherwise, all skin types can use this polish from dry to oily.

Have you ever tried this?

Comments

This is cool, I was actually wondering what I will do with the Epsom Salt I have at home.

I use it for constipation, didn’t know it can be used as a mask of sorts.

@Bhumika if it keeps slipping away, you might use some flour or something to bind it…may be besan will do a good job…shall try and tell :)

@Rae oh you can use epsom salt in thousand ways…a simple tip is to drop a table spoon of epsom in your tub or bath water (in case you don’t go for shower) and take bath with it…that’s extremely relaxing and you can even wash your hair with epsom salt :)

@Kuheli do try…would love to get your feedback :)

@Shivani yeah of course…adding essential oils is even more better for a relaxed therapy all over :) have to buy essential oils…thinking of going for forest essentials as there is no other brand trustworthy enough :(

hi swati

i love the way u just make it so easy for us without spendin lot of money we can make our skin glow

just had a silly doubt see after takin a shower we r applyin tis and do we need to stay in bathroom for 15min after applyin for steamin affect and one more thing

can we apply it before taking shower as we are applyin honey it gets really stick

hey fatima….thanks a lot for your kind words :) and nothing silly about ur doubt…”No question is a stupid question” :)
    yeah you have to stay inside the bathroom for 15 minutes for the steam effect and wash this off after 15 minutes with water…since the scrub gets washed off honey doesn’t feel sticky anymore 😉 you can do this before the shower too but after using the body wash otherwise the effect of the scrub gets washed off by the body wash or soap…hope this helps :)

5. preethi says

The description makes it sounds luxurious and physically taxing simultaneously 😛 scrubbing for 10 minutes post the shower eventually saps one’s energy, however, the results would be worth it I suppose :)
    Anyway, which brand of honey did you use? Dabur or Patanjali? Manuka even though is the finest grade yet is neither available in India nor pocket-friendly.

hi Preethi. haha, nah, it really makes you feel come alive and keeps you energetic all day since it is equivalent to a body massage and keeps your lymphatic system going! do give it a try when you have a bit f time on your hand, weekend nights recommended! I do not use either and yes manuka is not yet available in India. I use organic honey from 24 Letter Mantra but I am not sure if the brand is available outside Hyderabad. It is a pretty famous organic brand locally.

• Preethi says

Thanks for the prompt reply. 24 letter honey is available on amazon :) You’ve recommended cane sugar and jaggery. Any particular reason behind these? Are they less abrasive? And what about caster sugar? :) will be a fine substitute? Thanks

oh great! you should really try out the oils from the brand. they have all cold pressed cooking oils which are really good. even their other foods are worth trying. yes, cane sugar or jaggery or raw sugar are all least processed forms of sugar and just enough granular to provide perfect exfoliation and dissolve when mixed with honey but not as abrasive as sugar granules. yes, caster sugar is also supposed to be good but I have never used it. May be you could give it a try as long as it is a little soft and grainy.
          Swati recently posted…Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow Cherry Lipbalm Product ReviewMy Profile

6. kumud says

Hiiii
    I am with whitish complexion. Bt hv dark circles n pigmentation around lip area n on nose. My neck is also very dark n it s big problem for me . please suggest me smithing that really works on me.

7. kumud says

Hiiii
    I am 24 yrs old with whitish complexion. Bt hv dark circles n pigmentation around lip area n on nose. My neck is also very dark n it s big problem for me . please suggest something that really works on me.

8. jhani says

hanks, I find this post very helful. Keep sharing such useful posts and good work.it is very useful for me keep doing god work

9. Sonal says

Hi

I have just gone through your post and found it very impressive.Can you please tell me the quantity of each ingredient.

Thanks

hi Sonal. sorry for replying late. not sure if the reply is even relevant now. usually for such DIY, I always eyeball my measurements so for body, it would be 3 heaped spoons of salt and sugar each and enough honey to make a paste which comes to 2 tbsp of honey. if the scrub gets left, I store it and using it again. hope this helps :)