Sendha Namak – Indian Rock Salt Beauty Benefits

I do not know how many of you are aware that Sendha namak is the pure rock salt of India and is a little costlier than the normal salt because it is found in very less quantities in the Indian sub-continent. The commercial salt available is iodized where as the rock salt is pure from nature, is more granular, has less salty taste as you would have already noticed and is not chemically processed. It is rich in lot of minerals and if used in regular cooking as a substitute of common salt, it can control all the health problems posed by common salt like high blood pressure, puffiness in the body or the eyes, is cooling for the body, helpful in digestion, relieves gas and soothes heartburn and helps in weight loss.
Not only health but many beauty benefits can also be acquired from rock salt.
  • Rock salt can be used as a body scrub. Since high in mineral content, it is a perfect substitute for spa standard products made at home.
  • Drop a table spoon of rock salt in your bath every time and enjoy a relaxing bath. It also detoxifies your body externally as well as internally. Eases stress and body pains.
  • Can be used as a teeth whitener or a mouth freshener. Also clears a sour throat if used for gargling.
  • Can be used as a foot soak, foot scrub or a hand scrub too. It is not drying on the skin.
  • Removes the yellowness under the nails and makes your nails shine beautifully.
  • Use it to cleanse your skin at night. Mix a table spoon of rock salt with your cleanser or face wash and rub it gently into the skin. Make sure to remove make up before this routine.
In Pakistan, there is a salt range of Himalayas, called the ‘Himalayan Salt Range’, which has the purest form of rock salt in the whole world. It is sold as ‘Himalayan salt’ but it actually is just a rock salt too. The only specialty of this salt is that it is pure and does not need any kind of filtering. So, those who have easy access to Himalayan salt or Pakistan rock salt, make sure you use it regularly in your food and beauty routines.
Do not forget to differentiate between Epsom salt and Rock salt. They have different mineral contents and Epsom salt is the best for skin. If you have access to Epsom salt, you can use it for

You can read about more uses of Epsom salt here.

We have always heard that salt is not good for hair but it is not so. The common salt is not suitable because it has many chemicals in it where as naturally occurring salts are as good for hair as they are for other parts of your body.

Comments

Can I use rock salt or epsom salt to check psoriasis on scalp and other parts of the body? If yes,what is the method of using?
    Thanks and regards
    Krishna

If Sendha Namak is only named that in Punjab, what is it named in the rest of India? Will that brand of sendha namak be available in other parts of India? I have got it in Delhi but now want it in Orissa

If it is only named Sendha Namak in Punjab then what is Rock salt named in the rest of India and how can it be found. I’ve bought Sendha Namak in Delhi but need it in Bhubanesvar now

Thanks for the information you have provided. In present days, the demand for real estate properties has increased in Hyderabad and it is the best place for the investors to invest in real estate.
    Property Dealers in Hyderabad

there is no hindi name for epsom salt u can infact get it in most of the regular chemist shop its not very expensive cost u about 7 rupees for a 20g packet.. oh dont get mixed up with rock salt which is different from epsom salt, rock salt u can get it in any kaka grocery shops…

I never knew it has so many benefits. I had been using it for past many years. Recently I have observed some improvement in my Lipid Profile. May be it is due joint effect of some diet changes. I am just Iinterested to know Is there any study on effect of rock salt on Lipid Profile.

Thanks for the nice article.

Thanks for the nice article.

I am using sendha nama or rock salt from last two year in my all food. As i am very short temper person. due to sendha namak i become peace and calm person it work perfect for me.

9. Babita says

I used sendha namak but need a lot more to get the same taste. will it not cause problem because I am eating lot more salt now after switching to Sendha Namak.