Ice Cubes for your face {Skin Care}

Ice Cubes are one of the quickest ways to restore your face to a fresh and dewy look. So, in case you are ever in a hurry, make sure to just rub your face for a minute or two with ice cubes and you are ready to go!! Another added advantage is that ice cubes constrict your pores making your face look smoother.

They can be a great relief during the bad breakouts and particularly soothing for acne and inflammatory skin. A nice touch for using ice cubes would be to freeze your favorite fruit and vegetable juices into ice cubes. That would provide your skin with immediate anti-oxidants and the various benefits which come from topical application of the particular fruits.

The essentials would be orange juice which is useful for bright face and apple juice which is great for oily skin. You can also go for pomegranates as they are especially high in anti-oxidants and would provide a rosy complexion.

Caution: Applying ice cubes straight to your skin can cause delicate capillaries under your skin to break so wrap the ice cubes in a wash cloth and then apply them to your skin.

Have you used ice cubes?

Related Posts:
How to treat a water burn?
Sleep and Skin
How to take care of your skin when ill?

Comments

I did try it in a diff way..i rubbed ice on my face (actually used ice cubes directly on to the face..but next time i will wrap it in some cloth)after 15-20 min i washed my face with face wash….n it really does works…my skin now is so..clean and fresh..
    …hey can the application of orange juice directly to the face and orange juice in the form of ice cubes wil be same???Will the benefits be same…because i wanna this next time..

Lemon juice does burn the first 2-3 times you use it! But it should stop after your adjusts to it! If your skin is sensitive you can dilute and still received the benefits of it! Its good for acne & scars as well!

• Anonymous says

This is why you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet. This person, although is correct in some stuff, doesn’t know what they are talking about in others. Not because it is frozen, means that the acidic properties disappear. If anything, based on what you are saying, the juice simply wouldnt work at all because it would be completely frozen. It’s not like you can be like “hey, lemon juice, only work for blemishes but dont burn my skin.” Every type of skin reacts differently, an lemon juice is definitely not good for sensitive skin. Also keep in mind that the use of lemon juice should only be done at night and sunblock is a must after using lemon juice. Diluting is a must so the acidic properties don’t go harshly on the skin. Anyone who reads this article, research well what the fruit you are using does to your skin.

what kind of wash cloth should be used…??
    not for this only but for other purposes also.
    either towel type or some other….!!!

I moved to Florida recently and my skin had been terribly suffering from humidity with breakouts and shiny T-zone and I don’t even wear makeup! Yesterday I did used ice cubes after a long day outdoors and voila! It feels amazing! 1- very smooth 2 not shiny for long time 3- firm skin 4- refreshing! I will try the juice ice cubes as well it must be even better!

This ice cubes very refreshing ……… when u want to go function before wareing makeup should use ice cubes we can get result that makeup will stay long time ………

I TRIED ITS GOOD…..

hi swati i have break outs so i thought i shd use ice cubes well can i wrap it in cotton and one more thing how many times a week can we do this like applyin on the face please help love u thnks for everythin

hi.. swati m shrutika m using ice cubes directly to face. plz tel me how to use mins bfr washng face with face wash or aftr… dark spots goes with ice cubes.. wts d main advtg.

What i did was wash my face then squeezed a mini lemon and used the juice on my face and quickly pat dried cuz it stung (its cleaning when it stings) then i put an ice cube in a paper towel and rubed it on my face then it one pre squeezed lemon shell i put the leftover pulp and set it in the freezer. Now i get a warm wash cloth and open up my pores then wash my face with warm water and soap the use my frozen lemon on my face and after words an ice cube in a paper towel and rub it on my face.

im using beauche product if u heard that,is this good for the face?..it content hydroquinone and i rub ice on my face directly i dunno if what will be the effect of rhis..

Hello swati..

Is using ice cubes daily on face is good? If not, how oftenly we can use?

Wat might be the effect if we apply ice cubes directly on face?

Hi swati this is Roop.The thing is now a days im getting open pores on my face it does not looking gud so can u tell me the remeady what should i do to close the open pores?
    Thanku.

11. Ovi says

My face skin temperature is high than others…i am also suffering from pimples…my skin looks dull….i wash my face well & use moister creams…what is simple way???should i use ice cubes…if yes then how???pls help

hey Ovi…well, the skin temperature is something which you can’t control…improve diet and sleep properly…the skin dullness would slowly go away…whenever you think your skin is looking dull, you can use a face mist or something and blot the oil from the face using a blotting paper or a tissue paper. and, make sure you use a good product at night coz it goes a long way in ensuring your skin doesn’t look dull and also, you can use a compact/loose face powder to even skin tone and make it look bright.

What do you mean put it in a cloth? How does that work? Can I also cover the ice cube with plastic like a ziplock bag? And are you rubbing the cube all over your face? And for how long? After applying the cube, do I just leave my face or damp my face with a towel? Sorry for asking so many questions but please answer them.

yes, you can use a ziplock bag. wrapping inside a cloth means wrapping ice with thin cheese cloth or cotton cloth. you can use it till your face feels too cold to handle ice or it melts. after using it, when the face is damp, follow with a moisturizer. do this on clean skin.

Can I use a paper towel to wrap the ice cubes in or will that damage my face? What can I use to wrap the ice cube in?

Hi Swati! I’m not sure if this will notify you since I’m commenting on an old post (if it is) but I saw a comment about not using lemon juice. I’ve used lemon juice on my face for months. You said it was not a good thing in the long run. If I do stop using it, do you think my face sensitivity will to back to not being so sensitive? Can anything help?

Hi swati..I’m just wondering what do i do MY FACE LOOK DULL AND LIKE OLD BECAUSE ITS OILY AND END UP LOOKING DARK BUT MY COMPLEXION IS FAIR AND WHEN I SLEEP MY FACE WOULD LOOK REFRESH AND WHITE…so what can i do will rubbing ice help?? WHAT CAN I ALSO DO TO LIGHTEN DARK CIRCLES. SORRY FOR THE QUESTIONS BUY THE WAY IM ONLY 12 and you kinda bothers me

yes, using ice will definitely help and I would also suggest you to use blotting or tissue papers to remove the oil from your face whenever you feel the need or otherwise use a good compact or loose powder which can prevent oily face. using aloevera gel also helps in curbing oil.
      for dark circles, almond oil is very very good so just don’t be afraid of oil at all and take a drop of almond oil and apply it on your eyes area using the ring finger.

Hi, thanks everybody for the helpful comments. I have been using the ice cube method for two weeks now and the results are AMAZING. Will try the fruit one and see.

Halloo every body. I try the ice cube but not with a cloth. So next morning a had a red face. Swati why is that? Is that bad?

Hi swathi.. I’ve got little open pores which is visible when I see closely in the mirror.. I tried an ice pack on my face .. later I see all the pores gets open in my face.. is ice pack a right solution for me ? If not what else can I try ?

pores would be visible if you look very closely and they can never be totally closed because they are holes literally but you can only minimize their sizes only temporarily. yes, do the ice pack. and, everyday, you can use a toner. it helps with the pore size.

For women, make green tea, let it cool, pour into ice cube tray and use as everyone is talking about. It’s a great toner! So use green tea in place of orange/apple juice.

I just wrote a comment but not sure it published. Another great idea for women is using green tea instead of orange/apple juice. It’s an amazing toner you don’t wash off!

Make green tea, let it cool, pour into ice cube trays and freeze it and use as directed above, but don’t washed off, and let dry then put lotion and anything else.

its just like blackheads so steam the face for 2 min and then use a multani mitti face mask, remove with a cotton ball and moisturize. do this every alternate day.

Hi im 19 years old and i just started icing my face covered with cotton cloth but wanted to ask that while icing, the melting water is always dripping all over my face is that ok? And after icing, what do i use? Cream or face wash or do i just leave it to dry? And my nose is very oily, so is this gonna help? And do i use it daily, if so how many times?
    Thanks a bunch and sorry for so many questions

yes, water will drip which fine! moisturize your face after wiping off the water on the face. use the face wash before using the ice. yes, it helps oily skin. you can use it daily once.

Hi swati, deos ice also remove black spots. I ve bin using it for a while now although I ve mine cover in a plastic bag and then I wrap with wash cloth. Should I continue?

hi im aurohita i just wanted to ask what i could do to get rid of pimples cause most of the products make my skin dry and using moisturizers makes me get more pimple….does ice help??

my skin is fair and i want to become white so i rub ice cubes in my face secretly can it whiten my skin please reply

please tell me a very simple way to whiten my skin as i am doing it secretely and i am only rubbing ice cubes on my face can it make my skin whiten please reply as soon as possible

hi i want to know that…should i rub my face at night or should i do it at morning before going to my college?and should i rub ice on face before washing my face with soap or after rubbing ice on face should i use the soap?plz reply me soon?

I put ice cubes on my eyebags and it works! But my question is.. is it safe? My eyes won’t be at risk??

Thank you Swati for your quick answers. Can ice cubes on face whiten skin? If I put it on my underarms, it will whiten too?

so from the comment, Lemon juice + ice cubes is not recommended? Was seeing many people doing that on the internet.

hiee…can i get rid of dark circles and fine lines under eyes with the help of ice cubes? pls reply

it can help with dark circles. but, i don’t think it will help much with fine lines. it will only hydrate the skin. apply a drop of almond oil or vitamin e oil on the eye area to get rid of fine lines!!

hey
    I stay in kuwait and the weather here keeps changing and also my skin is very very dry…..I also have eczema. My face is dry and red….Will using ice cubes help for my face??
    If not, then what shall I do???
    Please help me!

Ice cubes/and…

Tip 1:

Rinsing Ice Cold water over your face after cleansing and then letting your facial skin “Air dry” will naturally close your pores. You will feel your skin tingling as it air dries (if your pores are open) this is a good sign.
    After, apply a cream you feel is useful and will benefit your skin for whatever it is going through. Apply gently.

I discovered this system when my skin would not budge with its open pores. I felt like I had no control, creams worked but up until a point. I’m only 24 years old, but the stress has built upon my face.

NOW I use Ice Cubes (sometimes frozen with antioxidants aka fruits/natural juices) and Ice Cold Water along with the creams! All the while being extra gentle!
    Don’t forget to wrap your ice cubes in a little facial towel.

im 49 yrs old, can i also use ice cube for my face everyday? i have dark spots in my arms, it is also good to use that?

yes you can but make sure you wrap the ice cubes in a towel nicely and do not use it for more than 10 mins. the skin gets thinner with age so capillary breakage is more of a possibility then!

Hi swathi.nice tip.can i use diz method twice a day wid lemoncubes or juz water ice cubes?will diz affect my skin?i hav a normal skin;.

no, don’t do it twice a day. only once a day is enough. and, i would suggest tomato juice instead of lemon! no, it will not affect your skin in negative way. it will only make it smoother and makes it glow :)

hi, i had massive pimples on ma face but now they gone but still i’ve kind of red marks of them, so can this ice cube technique or something else can help to cure it??
    it have been 2,3 months to see my clear face..
    thnx n w8ng 4 ur sugestn :)

oh sory i forgot, i used to take steam on face to open pores and wash my face.. and then i do ice cube thing… is it ok for me to take steam on face?? and and can i use lemon ice cube thing and cleansing by lemon juice?
    sory for too much questns..

oh no, don’t take steam more than once in 15 days. its drying for skin. and, don’t mix the hot and cold things. when you take steam, don’t use ice cubes.

wow…m so glad it worked :) pimples recurrence is an issue which can be either hormonal or due to diet issues or some other problem like clogged pores so keep your skin clean and your diet under control and exercise, everything will be fine :)
      and, for pimples, apply ginger juice.

Can you just wrap it in a tissue. Please answer right away cuz in a few hours i eill try it. And thank you for the info :)

I made the same mistake and did not use a washcloth at first….woke up with a red face…how long will that last?

does applying ice cubes directly create any prblms. I have been doing this for quite some time but i haven’t noticed any prblms

Hello, i used ice cubes to rob my face per night only after washing my face with a perla soap. Is it okay to use soap before robbing it in ice cubes? And do i nid to wash my face in morning with soap if im robbing an ice cubes in my face at night?

Reply plz. Thnx

I use ice cubes and a pinch of turmeric powder on ice cubes directly on my face… Is it safe…????
    Plzz tel me asap..
    Shruti

hi Shruti…one, do not use ice cubes directly and turmeric powder can be used with something else also na. there is nothing exactly harmful but i would say its not advisable to use ice cubes directly on skin!!

I’m 23 and I have an acne now for almost 6 months already. It multiplies fast. Im really frustrated and my self esteem goes down. I wonder what causes it, I have clear skin before. Ive tried several products and went to the derma already. I had injections, peeling and stuff, i take antibiotics but nothing seems to work. And now Im using ice on my face for 4 days already. Directly applying it after washing in the morning and at night. And i stopped applying any products on my face. And I saw results already. The redness and bumps seems to slowly fade. Im planning to do this religiously. Can ice really stop acne?? And can i apply cream like Pan Oxyl after applying ice?? Or its much better to apply anti acne medications after washing?? Pls. reply thanks..

Hello Swati..
    Read all the comments above and almost all my queries have been solved but still i need to ask you again..
    I have oily face and have pimples..im fed up with it now..im 22 and my self Esteem really goes down..i have wheatish complexion, however, i look dark…

Pls suggest something.. i have tried the ice cube method but i dont feel the difference (maybe because im expecting more)..
    Pls help..

Regards, Jolie

Hello Swati,
    Im 22, wheatish complexion and have pimples on forehead and cheeks..
    Althoug some pimples are small while some are big..moreover, i have an oily skin..
    I have used the icing method before, but I didnt find much effect..however i used to do the icing method 1ce a week..

1) will following the icing method alternate method help me with my skin?
    2) should i apply ginger juice on on pimles? Will it cause any problem?
    3) using juice ice cubes help me look fair?

Also help me to look young as i look like im in 30’s..please..

Regards, Jolie

hi swati…

Im 20 with fair complexion and have pimples on forehead and cheeks,back of my ears..under my chin…
    Although some pimples are small while some are big..moreover, i have an oily skin..

I have used the icing method before, but I didnt find much effect..as now im using this method…
    how many minutes can i use ice on my face?

and im using ginger extract as mask every night…
    how many minutes can i use it?im just asking to avoid bad effects to my sensetive skin…

Sir can you give some tips to prevent pimples?

Ginger Extract(juice) Plus Egg white as face mask?
    what do you think sir it was good for oily skin with break outs?

47. Janakiraman says

I was applied ice cubes directly for few months before. My skin became very dark. Could you please advice how to get my previous skin color.

Swati, you are doing a great job here. I’ve a quick question. I used to have a lot of pimples on my face, but thank God its cleared now. But the problem I’ve is because of the pimples my skin has pores. Any tips on how to clear out my skin? Any help will be appreciated.

i actually used a bag of green beans and my face is like a babys butt. i also washed my face with cerave body wash for sensitive skin (because i have severe eczema) and i put some cerave lotion on it, it looked to fresh and new. i recommend sensitive skin products.

I have bad acne will rubbing ice on my face help and if so what is the mosy affective way of using it?

• Anonymous says

Use Green tea, make ice cubes out of it. Don’t wash it off. Apply your moisturizer. Green tea works really well.

51. Athenachild101 says

Hi! I use a very similar treatment that I find beneficial. I fill a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes, then dunk my face in it (after gently cleansing it). Come up to breathe every 30 secs. or so, and I do it for 5-10 minutes. It gets in all the cracks because it is water and it goes all over your face! It works better than an ice cube for me and my family, I highly recommend it.

Hi..mam..I just asking about the bounce skin…hw can I make my skin bounce and glowing …rosey skin…plz suggest me something

hi i am usinh ice cubes directly on my face from quiet some time, i always had a clear skin, but now few pimples are coming on my cheeks , what could be the reason for these pimples, i dnt eat out i dnt oily food still its happening.what should i do???/

hi. please do not use ice cubes directly on skin and it should be done only in summers. no point in doing it everyday!! so, discontinue doing that and see if the pimples disappear. and, breakouts can happen due to various reasons other than oily food so check your other diet and also if you have recently changed any skin care product which might be causing a reaction!!