Wish you all very Happy Navratras.
- If you are among the category to abstain from everything until evening dinner, not only your stomach will get the much needed relief but also your liver.
- If you are among the category who indulges in fluids all time in the day, keep on drinking appropriate amount of water and fruit juices. Keep away from heavy fruits like banana and papaya. Citrus fruits and berries are the best. Or, watermelon, pomegranate and apple juices will also do a good job.
- If you can indulge in vegetable juices, stay away from fruit juices as they have high sugar content and may cause blood sugar spikes. Spinach juice, tomato juice, carrot juice are among the best to fill you.
- Stay away from dry fruits as they are heavy for your body.
- Buttermilk is a great way to go about.
- You can also drink coconut water as it is extremely healthy and filling for the body.
- Now, during your evening food, eat as much as you can. Take a lot of yogurt. Do not bother with sugar and salt. Generally, it is only ‘sendha namak’ which is used but some people are used to having yogurt with sugar. Avoid that. Another tip is to replace whole potatoes with baby potatoes. Baby potatoes are rich in many vitamins which the big ones miss and they are not very heavy on carbohydrates too. And, of course, they are much more tasty than their counterparts.
- Avoid fried items like kuttu pakodas and puris. Stay with kuttu parathas made with less or no oil and sabudana khichdi which requires no oil. Use oven to make the parathas.
- Do not forget to overfill yourself with parathas or whatever you are having because it helps curb your cravings as well as hunger.