Besan turns skin black? {Skin Care}

Ok, so this might be a surprising news for you. But, the good news is that this is NOT TRUE. It is one of the long living myths which came into my notice yesterday. I had a talk about it with one of my friends and she told me that besan turns your skin dark even though it makes it glow. Kinda conflicting, right?I tried telling her that it is not possible but all my words were for deaf ears. Seeing her conviction in this myth, I decided to clear it on a mass basis and state the reason why the skin might turn dark after using the scrub. And, I know that this is not true because of my personal experiences and also because I have asked a lot of people about this.

Besan or ‘Sunnipindi’ or whatever scrub you may use like masoor dal (red lentils) or rice flour polish your skin by removing the dead skin. And, in this process, they reveal a new layer of skin. Thus, the result is a clean glowing skin. As a matter of fact, besan is extremely useful in getting rid of dark spots and other conditions of the skin and gives a flawless complexion.But, if you venture out in the sun unprotected by sunscreen, your newly revealed skin is going to be subjected to a lot of environmental factors like dust, pollution and sun. The result is dull and tired looking dark skin. Thus, the connection that besan turns skin black. So, always wear a sunscreen. And, clean your skin well after a session in the sun.

And, I would love to know of any such myths which might be existing and clear them.

Comments

1. Megha says

Is it ok to have bath with besan evey single day ? I am using a mixture of besan, greengram flour and haldi. Skin feels great and radiant. Please advise

2. Megha says

Hi Swathi, This is Megha, Long time since i worte. Wel I just wanted to know if it is ok to have bath with besan every single day? I have been using a mixture of besan, green gram flour and haldi. After bath I use Vaseline body lotion with SPF 24 and for face neutrogena with SPF 15. I dont go out in the sun much. Please advise.

hey Megha, gud to see you after a long time. yes, it is perfectly fine to have a bath with the mixture you are using. It makes skin awesome in the long run and there is nothing wrong with the routine you are following in case you don’t go out much in the sun :)

4. ife says

ya besan is just like bleaching ur skin… People say when you use bleach you turn dark… its when they go out in the sun without sunscreen… I remember i turned orange yellow when i went outside after a facial with bleach… so u should use suncscreen

5. shina says

Hi, is it okay to wash your face with mix of bason and milk everday or not? And is it okay to bath with it?

hellow
    wassup???
    hope every thing 5n
    i wanna as u that my neck has dar colour also black phethes
    i started appling besan both neck and face ,4 days before
    is it good to apply every day????
    and also my face skin is oily
    and i can apply tomao chice at nyt and besan past at morining??is it goood or not????plzzzz answer
    take care :)

7. renuka says

hi swati.
    im a new visitor n i found ur blog quite interesting.
    my question is,(im going get married soon)i wanted my skin to gow n get fairnes. my skin is getting dull day by day n dark. im trying everthing to get a fairer complexion coz my marriage wil b in noember. so please suggest me some gud idea. i dont trust beauty clinics, they r simply grabbing money frm us.

HI,

I am using basan mix with water on the face for 10 mins everyday and wash it off with water and then apply face wash to wash it again. I am getting big spots on the face…. Any advice…..

if your skin feels dry, its dry. if it has too much oil in a very short time, its oily and if it has oil only on the nose and the forehead, it is combination. hope this helps :)

Hi Swati, i have too many black spots on my face especially on my chin too many…. one of my friend suggested me to use besan as a face wash. now its been 15 days, and my skin becomes so dry after washing from besan and the spots are not gone yet.. plz advice me what i can do so that spots get clear from my face. before my skin used to oily (not that much).

hey..swati..i am using besan and haldi in our face…i scrub my face 5 minute….how’s benifit? Pls suggesst me??

Hello Swati!!
    This is my first time that I logged into your site. It seems quite informative.
    I am 23 fair, have oily skin. I always apply sun protection on my face and sunscreen SPF 40 on other exposive parts though I wear vail and a face piece when go out. Since one year I am getting zits on my chin and on cheek bones. I wash my face daily in the morning with Derma’due medicated soap (prescripted by dermatologist) and in the evening with besan. At night i apply lip gloss. When I wake up in the morning I find my chin oily. I came across with an article that applying lip gloss on lips at night causes zits. r
    Kindly suggest a home remedy to cure these zits from the root. zits leaves spots on my face, please suggest. I wanna also know that which skin type doesnt suit basen and how can I figure it out?
    Can I wash my face with basen mixed with oat flour? Kindly mention the quantity of basen and oats.
    Please mention your qualification.
    Thankyou!! :)

hi
      welcome to my blog :) first, you should not apply lip gloss at night. only apply lip balm. that might be the reason for oily skin. for zits, you can use aloevera gel right from the leaf. cut the leaf and massage the gel all over your face. slowly the zits will go. besan suits all skin types. just make sure its organic. yes you can mix besan and oat flour. make it 50-50.

my complexion get too dark i dont know why i was fair but few months ago my face get very dull and blackish plssssssss help me wat should i do to get my colour back my skin not get tanned but i dont know why my face get dark i apply lemon every night does it work for me:'( pls help me

hey i like ur blog,plz give suggestion yaar is it right to use besan for face wash &besan, haldi for morning bathing. plz help yaar , reply

hi swati , i have a 1 qtn ,instead of using soap what is best for morning bathing.which do not make any harm or any thing else.plz suggest best solution, i have a combination skin type.thank you

Hi Swati … I have a combination skin oily and normal. I was using cucumber, potato, tomato pulp mixed with honey and lime juice all together on my face for a week and then I switched this with besan and curd face pack, also for a week. Now I can spot some small red pimples very tiny on my face .. Can u pls suggest me what can be the reason behind this ? Is this because of fruit pack or the besan face pack, my skin is fair but I have pimple problem, though its not very bad, have some marks also but faint, plss advice me .. I don’t go out in sun much, I also used tomato pulp on my face as I had read somewhere that it helps in oily skin….
    Kindly suggest any home made face pack for my skin. I found ur suggestions very informative so thought of writing to you.
    Kindly help
    Waiting for ur reply

hi Neha….first of all, please go slow on the remedies…overdoing one after another is not good. also, pimples can come because of any reason. its also possible that besan did not suit you or just coz of your diet or PMS symptom or any hormonal issue. yes, tomato pulp helps skin. but, when you are doing something for skin, i would suggest you to just chill out and let the skin also adjust to the remedies you are doing. and, always treat your skin to anything on alternate days as your skin is oily. don’t do it daily and do only one thing at a time.
      as for homemade mask, i would suggest you to try potato slices or tomato pulp + aloevera.

Hi Swati … I have a combination skin oily and normal. I was using cucumber, potato, tomato pulp mixed with honey and lime juice all together on my face for a week and then I switched this with besan and curd face pack, also for a week. Now I can spot some small red pimples very tiny on my face .. Can u pls suggest me what can be the reason behind this ? Is this because of fruit pack or the besan face pack, my skin is fair but I have pimple problem, though its not very bad, have some marks also but faint, plss advice me .. I don’t go out in sun very much, I also used tomato pulp on my face as I had read somewhere that it helps in oily skin….
    Kindly help
    Waiting for ur reply

hello!well i just came across your blog,i will begetting married in 3 months inshaAllah and a friend suggested i use besan and haldi all over my skin.is it necessary to use the kasturi haldi or store bought is good too? also i have dry skin on my face so whenever i use besan,it draws away the moisture andi break out.i’m scared to use it all over the skin…do you have any substitues or you think it will be fine?
    please if you think besan is ok,please let me know if i can use besan and greengram flour because i have mosquito bites on my legs and i want to get rid of them.
    thanx,plz reply!!

hey…congratulations :)
      now, kasturi haldi is good for skin as it doesn’t stain it whereas store bought one stains the skin but you can use the organic variant if you can! ok, since besan doesn’t really suit your skin, you can skip that and simply use almond oil on the body. and, use aloevera gel.
      i would suggest that try besan+greengram flour once. mix it with milk or oil and then only use. hope this helps :)

hello! i just came across your blog!:) i have dry skin so whenever i use besan for my face,it draws away moisture and i break out.but i have mosquito bites and stretch marks on my legs,also stretch markson my hips and i want to get rid of them.do you think it is safe to use besan and greengram flour all over my body??
    pleaase let me know! and also is it necessary to use kasturi haldi or is storebought haldi eneough?
    if besan isnt safe,please let me know of substitutes.thanx!!:)

Hi. I have facial hair and want to get rid of it! I heard besan is good for it. But i don’t know how to use it. Please tell me that how to use besan on facial hair if it really reduces them. And i also have acne on my skin. Please reply.

hi. I have facial hair on my upper lip, nose, cheeks and few on forehead. And i heard besan will help to get rid of facial hair, is it true?. And i don’t know how to use it. I have acne on my skin too. Please suggest me how to use besan to get clear and hair free skin. Thank u.

Hi Swati,
    My facial complexion is dark i want glow on my face plz suggest what to do??I m washing my face with besan th use face cream.is it good fot me??Moreover mere face par pimples k wajah c small hole gayw hai .how to make face smooth.
    Rs
    vicky

hi Vicky…m sorry but i can’t suggest anything for pits but you can wash your face with besan + turmeric everyday and use green tea or water instead of milk to make a paste of the powder. follow with a moisturizer which suits your skin. i don’t know what you are using but if it suits you, its ok.

• Anonymous says

Hi dis is aravind,
      Actually i have oily and dark comolexiin skin.
      So after washing face everday with besan+turmeric,what should be followed after this?? Like mosituriser or anything else

Hey, i have facial hair , i heard that using besan wil slow down the growth, i used besan mixed with cream( millai) and turmeric, as i applied it, within 5 mintz ,my face started itching a bit, i washed it off ,after 20 mintz, i got little marks on my face, which got swelled up, very next day ,it got fine and my face started glowing, you think its fine to use this pack? If not , wot else you suggest?

that’s really weird but i would suggest you to use the pack. only make sure besan and turmeric are organic. the commercial store ones can be adulterated because of which you might have got the reaction.

Hey. i m new.. i jst wnt to knw dt wt type of haldi shd b usd with besan? i ve oily skin. so is it gd fr me to apply besan+haldi+rose wtr? n i wnt glow on my face,so plz help me

hi i have oily skin and have nany whiteheads and pimples and scars i m loosing my confidence day by day i tried many doctors but for little time they disappear plz suggest me something

• Anonymous says

U can try rubbing lemon and lemon peel once week!! Just half lemon!!

And apply lemon glycerine ( u will gt in market)
      And rose water wid cotton ball at nyt fr two hours and make sure wen u appl it dnt go outside ur room!!
      Jst try

hi Priyanka…you can follow the above tip…sounds quite interesting but do it at night and make sure you either don’t go out in sun next day or you use proper sun protection. and, instead of using half lemon, you can use some drops of it or may be just the lemon rind after the juice has been squeezed.

Hi, I have been using besan+curd+lemon juice+pinch of turmeric for some time. Ive read somewhere that one should not use face wash while using turmeric powder, Is dat true does it really darkens ur skin ?? What should I do shud i keep on using face wash ??

the mix itself cleanses your face so u need not use face wash but i have never heard of this. i guess it means never to mix face wash and turmeric but still it wouldn’t matter. may be its not true. you can use this mix at morning and the face wash at night. i do that and my skin has not darkened.

Hey!!
    I am 20 and i hAve lots of hair on my tummy. !!
    Applying besan , haldi and curd will remove the hair or bleach the hair ??
    Reply asap or should i go for matka wax!??

i would suggest go fro waxing if you want immediate results. besan and haldi thing will work but in the longer run and you will have to keep on using it forever almost.

hi..i have a dark complexion..can u pls tell me how can i get fair complexion?? and from past 4days m using haldi besan mix with curd..my skin is both oily as well as dry.. pls help me .. will be waiting for your reply..

hi swati..i have a dark complexion..can u pls tell me how can i get fair complexion?? and from past 4days m using haldi besan mix with curd..my skin is both oily as well as dry.. pls help me .. will be waiting for your reply..

Hi…….I have been using haldi and besan for last 6 months.I want to ask you that is it necessary to use sunscreen after applying besan haldi pack.plz reply

Hi swati,
    Masoor dal + besan+haldi with tomato or papaya is good for oily cum dry skin…i have back spot over mouth and forehead i also have tanned n boiled ache on cheeks. Could you please advice me.what shud i hv to do….

apply potato or tomato slices on the boils on the cheeks. rest of the face, for tan and scars, you can use the mix which you mentioned. only do not use papaya everyday. use it twice a week and rest of the days you can use tomato juice or mint juice or cucumber juice.

Hi swati,
    Masoor dal + besan+haldi with tomato juice /papaya juice is good for oil cum dry skin.
    I hv tanned ,boiled aches on cheeks.i also have dryness over mouth n forehead.

Could you plz advise me.

Hey swati I m using milk turmeric and honey for fairness on face is it useful or should also use besan for 30 minutes

Hi swati…i dunno why but ithe area near to both sides of lips is becoming black…..can you please suggest something ?

Thanks and regards

Hi i have thyroid and due to that i have started getting a lot of pigmentation n dark patches on my cheeks plzzzzzzzzzzz suggest me a nome remedy to get rid of those….i feel terrible. :(

can i apply oat powder plus green pram powder plus curd on face?i have oily face.combination skin.

Hii i have been using products which use to contain paraben and sulphates …….recently i came to noe that paraben are d cause of breast cancer so i have stopped usin alld products and opt fr besan haildi milk cream honey and lemom pack twice a day a m not usin any face wash is ot ohhk or else can u suggest me d products which are parabin and sulphate free

Hwy swati i am a 18 years boy my hand skin was turned into dark but my whole of body is fair wch fairness cream is perfect for my hand plz reply fast

Hi Swati, I am 22 years old. I have fair complexion. But from around last 1 month I am getting pimples on my face and after some days these r causing dark marks. I am also taking vitamin capsules suggested by the doctor. I’ve my engagement after 15 days. plz help me out dear…..

Hello. I got a reaction of pimples due to bare mineral makeup because it had some ingredient that some can be allergic to and gives them cystic acne. I used the haldi and besan mask today for the first time mixed with water and like a dab of almond oil. is this safe to do? 3 times a week?

do not use almond oil and instead of besan-haldi, use haldi-ginger juice on the acne. you can use this as spot treatment every night before going to sleep. apply the paste, let it dry or stay till 15 min and wash off.

Hello, I am new to your blog and I found it interesting. My problem is I know that at some point I would be using all the suggested fair skin product you have talked about. Could you please advise me on the most effective one to use. Plus the one I can stick to that would give great results. I am a dark skinned and would love to be fair. I also wanted to ask that can we use just one or can we use as much as the things you have suggested. It would be great if you could get back to me. Thank you.

Hey swati..
    Yr i got oily skin n i want to remove my tanning..should i apply besan woth rose water?? And how ocassionally should i use it?? On a regulay basis??

N i am a student n 19 yrs old..i travel each day..so plz suggst me a few tips to take care of my skin..should i use a face wash or just clean my skin using rose water?? What should i do??

N yr i m a student n 19yrs old..i travel each day..plz giveme a few tips how to take care of my skin as it gets tanned vry quickly..should i use a face wash or jst simply rose water for cleaning my skin? Plzz help me..

Once I use turmeric powder on face from that day my skin getng black.I lost my glowing skin..can u tell me y dis ws hapned?Der is ny solution on it

do not use turmeric powder in the morning. i would also suggest mix the powder with some other flour like besan or gram flour and then use it and follow with sunscreen regularly :)

Hi Swati Murti! I’m Vasanthi from London. I have olive skin, but I always had problem with my face. The problem was dry and sometime I ‘ll get white heads on my chin. I used all kind of expensive products. Finally I throw all the artificial out. Few months ago I picked gram flour, turmeric powder, milk and honey. I mix them, made a past then I massage gently for few minutes and washed off with water. Then I apply Nevia rich moisturising cream in the morning. At night after I wash my face I massage almond oil before my bed time. My skin is very healthy looking. Also I eat lots of veg and fruits with balance diet. I drink plenty of water + take multi vitamins. I’m very happy with this natural ingredients. This gram flour is really made different to my life. All my skin problems were gone far far away. Good luck to everyone.

Hi Swati,

I am new to this blog and found it is really good as you are given the remedies using the natural products.
    I am 30years old, I have changed to new appt. an year ago and we have hard water here . My face , hands have turned dark from then. Please suggest me the tips to get my original colour. Till now I have not used any creams.

Thanks & Regards,
    Srikkanth

i hav some black patches on my waist and stomach due to some fungal problem bfore 2 yrs.i tried many oinment and lotions btthe black spot dint get faded suggest me some remedy and am having dark inner thighs too.please do suggest a remedy for dat too.i wanna get rid of this within 6 month bcos my marriage got fixed .

Hey apply potato or tomato juice on those patches everyday. Let the juice DRy and wash off. Moisturise.
      Also use besan +turmeric mixture to wash off your skin. That helps a bit if done everyday. Hope this helps :-)

How can I use besan haldi and milk as a exfoliating scrub? Do I have to leave it to dry and run scrub or can I scrub and wash? I used it as a scrub but did not find it grainy enough to scrub, did i do sumthing wrong? Also can turmeric make skin sunsensitive?

hey. make a paste and apply it on the skin and leave it to dry and then scrub it off in circular motion and wash off. its fine even if you do not find it grainy enough because extra grainy can hurt your skin!! no, turmeric does not make skin photosensitive but it is preferable to use turmeric at night.

How can I use besan as a scrub? Do I have to let it dry first run scrub. I used besan haldi and milk as a scrub but was not grainy enough so not sure if worked as exfoliating face….any other natural scrub ideas

can u tell me how to use besan to get rid of acne scar that are taking verrrry long time to fade itself plzzz i have onlt 14 days left foe a function and i want to look fair adn clear that day …..

i have oily skin and i have few black spots so i am using mixture of besan, milk and rose water. I will apply for 10-15mins before bath. Is that k

Hi Swati, i have oily skin and i have few black spots so i am using besan, milk and rose water mixture. Is that k to use this mixture will it help me to get ride of black spots and glow of the skin?????

Hi,
    Is it better if i prepare a besan mixture with milk n store it in container to use it for face everyday.plz reply

hey plz help me i hav a combination skin type.i was a fair skin but few moths ago its dul and dirk.i dnt no why.i use besan every day bt no work.plz help me.

hey i hav heard dat besan and curd face pack is nt gud f d skin as besan creates pimple n curd leads to thick hair growth over cheeks side. is it so??? plz reply

hey swati, i wanted to ask is there any thing which can help me get rid of the small exposed veins on my checks (which are also known as spider veins) …. my skin lookz transparent… please reply soon

I want naturally oil free skin..is dis possible only creams home remedies make skin glow temporarily..I want permanant oil free is Der is any solution?

Hi dear…love ur blog…nice info thanks alot..1 quest i have spots on hand+arm its bcz of henna (mehindi) i applied it almost 1 yr bck and due to sum chemicl reaction the skin acc to mehindi i applied it peeled off and new skin with spots appeared and at that tim i applied lotions thats it and didnt care much but nw i want to get rid of these spots should i use aloe vera frm leaves or besan water is good enough? Wht do u think spots wil dissappear or its too late to focus on thm??
    Secondly….my skin is dry so shea buttr as a moiturizer is good? Want to go with bodyshop cocoa shea butter moiturizer wht do u suggest?
    Thnks rep sooon :) :) :)

I m dipika…. I use besan as a face wash vith water only, in every morning..after that I use ponds age miracle cose my age is 31&my skin is oily.So I just want to know that is it good or I should do any thing alse.

Hi swati, I have pimples & dark pigmentation on my thigh and hands. Can I apply besan and milk daily on my body and avoid using soap to get rid of this problem ?

hi swati, my skin is of combination one that is oily+dry. i have whiteheads on face and more on nose and lip area.how to get rid of it.i am using besan from many days but my face is turning to black in colour.and pls suggest me a sunsceen for my skin?

Hi,
    I am using facepack , the combination of besan, haldi, honey, rose water but i want to add baking soda also…… Is it safe or there is any reaction of baking soda with that combination. I have gone through your article about baking soda and I really surprised by getting the knowledge of baking soda’s benefit and this inspired me to add baking soda in my regular face pack.
    So kindly tel me whether i can add or not……
    Thank You.
    Babita

64. mansha says

I have combination skin.i use a facewash in the morning,then apply besan+curd+lime juice+pinch of turmeric powder before taking a shower and again wash my face with facewash(occasionally scrub)at night before going to bed.is there a possibility to get negative effects,like skin darkening?plz plz reply!!!

Hi Swathi,
    I am new to this blog.
    can u pls suggest some remedies.
    i have lot of pimples and black spots on my face.
    and my skin sumtimes feels oily & sumtimes dry.what skin type of this?
    how to handle this?
    pls give sum idea for black spots and pimples?

hi swathi, i am using sunnipindi with ingredients like green gram powder, besan powder, dried orange peel powder, rice flour and some other herbs. will dis work for getting fair skin?

hy swati plese help me i am use besen haldi and rose water and scrub it on face but some time it leaves small pimpels like alrgy on skin so tell me please what i can do for this problem is good for me or not

hy swati ma besen haldi and rose water taqreben 2 ma say use karti hoo lakin kabi kabaar is ki waja say mera face par small pimpels like alergy kah saktay jo nazer anay kay b kabil nahi but mujay bohat feel hota ha jub say ma ye mask use kar rahi please aap batao kay iss kay liya ma kya karo

Hey Swati, I love all you facepacks!

Everyday I use a face & body pack made of 1 teaspoon cucumber pulp, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon curd, and 2 teaspoons of besan. This pack is excellent to remove tan and make skin fair. But I have a dry skin and this pack makes my skin even more dry. Can I add 1 teaspoon of almond oil to this mixture in order to avoid the dryness caused by this pack? Please suggest.

hi maam, just want to inquire i am using mixture of (basan, Turmaric poweder and leamon juice) and apply this paste on my face twice a week..is it good for my skin or not?reply me promptly please. iram khan

Hey Swati, i am using mixture of (Basan, lemon juice and turmeric) twice a week. is it good for my skin? and also guide me how i can rub this paste on my skin to get good result.please reply me promptly

Haii swathi thank u for ur tips and its so helpful…i want to know something my skin is fair but i have facial hair pls help me any natural way to remove this??and also black marks on face u have any natural tips plss….

Haii swathi thank u for all ur tips its very helpful yaar…my skin is fair but i have facial hair u have any natural tips to remove this pls tell me and also black colour on face pls tell me any solution from this…pls…

Hi swati m new to diz blog can v use solution of glycerin lemon and rose water full night as our night cream.??? Plz suggest me

Hi swati…m new to this blog…i had a doubt..actually i tried applying the besan jaldi facepack…but this face pack leaves rashes and causes redness in my eyes and also it seems to cause some kind of allergy on my skin….may i know the reason y??? Because m not allergic to any of the ingredients….

Hi Swati,
    I have been using besan for face wash since 17 to 18 years….my skin is very oily….it controls only when i wash but its oily again say in next 5 mins and i never had pimples in my life but these days m suffering a lot and the sad part is it is leaving the marks too…all of a sudden it pops..:-( and i had a fair skin now it has turned dark..i never used any sunscreens nor ay moisturizer …past a month i have started using lotus alpha moist…i don like using chemicals on face pls help me with some natural stuffs to get rid oil, pimple, and get my fairer skin back…(i have tried honey, lemon / honey , tomato / curds / mint leaves / cucumber … but nothing really worked)..waiting for ur response..

Hi Swati,

hello! i wanted to know that when i use besan (masoor lentil) and roseater facepack… after 20m mins it becomes very dry. and when i take it off my skin turns reddish instead of turning bright? is it normal? or harmful? should i stop using it for some days?

i want to know that can I wash my face regularly with besan. is it safe because I have a dry skin and after using face wash it becomes more dry.

Hello Swati !!!! Thanx for sharing all these tips.I use besan+green gram flour as my daily soap.It feel comfortable using this.But i have heard daily exfoliation damages your skin and leaves it loose with pores opened.is this true?? i have switched to face wash for few days but i feel my skin remains uncleaned and oily,hence i switched back to besan..i have small pores on my cheeks,which might have caused by besan and i feel my skin has become loose also..what shuld be done for open pores andblack spots of pimples..mine is combination skin

hi plx tell me about white heads???????//also em using cmbination of baysan,haldi and lemon everymornig for 15 min is it gud for me or not ………i have oily skin…also have acne scars and small acne

i jst wanna knw dat hw much time is takes to hv a fairer skin… vidh d paste of haldi+ besan+ water.. or milk… cn u plz tel me swati….

hii swati two days before i start using besan and curd face pack every night does it work for me to make skin fair or not i have combination skin

two days before i start using besan and curd face pack does it work for me to make my skin fair i have combination skin

Hii swati..I have a question.i used besan, heladi,honey,1-2drop lekon juice nd rose water face pack.i used it from 6months.nd it had no problem wth my skin.bt will this affect my skin badly later???

Hii swati…I have a question.i use besan, haldi,honey,1-2drop lekon juice nd rose water everyday from 6-7months…I have no prblm in my skin.bt I want to know.if it affect my skin badly later???

Hii swati I use besan, haldi,honey,1-2drop lemon juice and rose water daily from 6-7months.nd it had no prblm wth my skin.bt I want to know if it affect my skin badly later??

Hi Swathi I am using Besan+turmeric+curd everyday at evening and morning washing with soap
    i am getting confusion . can i use Besan+turmeric+curd everyday evening and morning i can wash with soap .. please help me becoz my face little oily on nose and forehead …

Hi m anu my skin ws fair before but nw m staying in other state so colour is been dark wht can I use with besan every day to get ma normal colour back plz do reply as soon as possible plz wil be waiting my skin is sme wht dry but very much sensitive

Hi.. I heard that using besan+haldi+milk as a face pack daily reduces facial hair but when I tried this I started having pimples so I stopped it. Can you suggest something else? My skin is dry.

hey :) sorry, missed your comment somehow!!
      probably due to milk, you are getting acne so use tomato juice instead. and, follow with a good mositurizer. also, at night, make sure that this besan mix is making your skin absolutely clean otherwise use a face wash instead at night and the besan mix in the morning.
      for moisturizer, use any facial oil which suits you. coconut or almond would be my choice. otherwise, try to use the serums like ponds gold radiance. i have no idea how they work though coz i have not used them!!

Hey I have dry skin. Is it safe to apply besan + milk every night instead of a face wash ? Would that have any side effects on my face skin ? Also, do u suggest to add some other ingredient in this mix for dryness ? And I also have pimple marks on my cheeks since 4-5 months. Pimples had never been a problem to me earlier. Can u suggest something for this as well? Will wait for ur reply. :)

hey :) yes, it is absolutely safe to apply it at night but make sure that your skin is completely clean by wiping your face with a tissue once afterwards. if there is still some dirt, use it again. another better way is to use it after washing your face with a face wash and using this again in the morning. because, after so much of exposure to pollution and dust, this might not be enough to clean your skin but it totally depends!! so, try it out and check if your skin is clean or not!

and, for dryness, use a good moisturiser. my choice would be any facial oil. otherwise, go for any serum like ponds or lakme, though, i have not tried them!!

for pimple marks, apply tomato slices on the scars, let the juice dry and wash off. do this after your face wash for at least two weeks and your scars would lighten. you can also alternate it with potato slices.

let me know if this works :)

• Anonymous says

Hey thank you so much, will surely try the tomato slice thing out. And is it safe to keep the tomato slice on the marks overnight ?

no do not use anything overnight. once it gets dry, wash and moisturize. and, do not put tomato slice on it. rub the slice so that the juice gets applied on the skin.

Hi Swati. I have a normal skin type. Can i use mixture of besan+moong dal powder+methi powder+haldi with milk cream daily on my face in the evening & a mild face wash in the morning. Pls reply

hey. i would suggest you to do it other way round. use this face pack in the morning and a face wash in the evening because the day long exposure to pollution and dust might not get removed with this alone. you can also do one thing. use the face wash and then again apply this cleanser. and, go with this cleanser in the morning.

97. sana says

hey,I’m new to your blog and it seems so helpful.I have combination skin type with sometimes more dry and sometimes more oily depending on weather,what if i use besan + milk + haldi + lemon juice paste as a face wash once in a day? can i store this paste for some days? or should i replace milk with rose water because of storing it? should i use any sun screen after wash? please help me out or suggest some easily homemade recipe for daily use as face wash..

hi Sana. Welcome :) And, hope you doing well!!
      you can use the besan mix both times a day actually but yes if you do go outside in pollution, in the evening you might require a bit more for your face. so, use this mix in the morning. make it fresh everytime you use. you can mix all the dry ingredients and store in a container. mix it with milk and other things when using it. also, try to avoid lemon juice. instead go for tomato juice.
      yes, sunscreen is a must in the morning under ANY circumstances. so, please do not skip it.
      also, when you feel your skin is dry and oily both, its not actually dry but only dehydrated. please read this post for more clarification:
      hope this helps :)

98. nidhi yadav says

hey mam i jst want to ask m using turmeric once or twice in a week to brighten my skintone. so along with this which facewash is good for my face regularly to clean my face during bathing.

99. jahanxaib says

Hi ..
    my age is 16 (:
    When i was born my skin was very fair and extra ordinary white .. but from last 4 years .. the color of my face has become soo dull .. sometimes my face looks bright but i dont know why after 1 month or two my face again become dark :(((( .. overall my body and arm and hands color is fair but my fave is not fair :( And is dull …
    plzz tell what i do ?? What i have to use to regain my original complexion ???

100. Nishtha says

Hey Swati,

I heard from many people that Haldi is great for skin but you can’t take bath with soap after applying haldi, as it turns skin darker instead if lightening it…

Is it true……….

One more thing, now a days I have seen 90 % of parlour ladies to advice brides that they should not use haldi on their skin as the makeup would not look good then……… I can’t understand the reason behind this

Can you clear my doubts…………… It would be of great help

Thanks
    Nishtha

hi Nishtha, haldi leaves yellow color on the face which is why it is not recommended. you can use it by mixing besan + turmeric in 75-25% proportion to cleanse the skin and once you use this, you do not need soap or anything else to cleanse your skin. otherwise, you can use a face wash before hand and then follow with a besan+turmeric face pack! hope this helps :)

101. shilpi says

hiii… i apply besan mixed with lemon juice n rose water n turmeric at nyt.. i need to know what shall i apply after dat??? any moisturiser or cream is necessary or leave it ?? my skin is oily..

hi Shilpi. after using a face wash, you apply this mask, right? instead of using lemon juice everyday, use tomato or potato juice and keep alternating. after keeping this mask for 45 min, wash it off and apply a moisturiser or facial oil to keep the water from evaporating. since your skin is oily, you need to experiment with different products to find out which suits you. you should only use gel-based or water-based moisturisers. you should definitely check out h2o brand for their marine-based moisturisers. i have heard good reviews of them!!

102. shreya says

Hii swati I am totally new to your blogs,BT I really like your suggestions. I just want clean n fair skin.I use besan rose water and massor dal pack for around 3 mnths BT didn’t got fairness n I fear experimenting on my skin as it is tooo much sensitive any cream I can’t apply , n I only believe in natural products .I hardly use any makeup.plzzz I m tired help me to get fair n clear skin.

thanks

103. punit says

Hi swati,
    I want to know that my skin is loose nd my face becomes dull nd gets too much pil on face. I want to get a fair skin

104. Muthu kumaresan says

hi madam,
    how are you. for past 3 months while bathing i am using basan for face. now my face turns to black skin and get burning while taking small movement. kindly suggest some tips for this issue.

105. deep says

Hey swati mam i have a question i want a fair skin and i also want to remove pimple so can i use a mixture of milk ,besan,rosewater and turmeric powder ? :) please reply fast :)

my skin complexion is dark what can i do to fair my complexion ..i want to know that besan, curd n rose water is good for my oily skin and i am want to know that is turmeric darkens my oily skin

hiii swati mam my skin complexion is dark what can i do to fair my oily skin few days back i used curd, besan and rosewater paste i want to know that is it good for my skin and is the use of turmeric darkens my skin

108. shanthi says

hi, am 24 yr old..and i do have dry and dark skin ….rit nw i strtd getting pimples on my forehead …as per d suggestions from my friends i strtd using besan+turmeric+milk as face mask for 10-15 minutes …can i use it daily to improve my tone and get rid of pimple?or suggest me other remedies to become fairer in a short period ….naturally

109. Sadaf says

Hi,I’m 18 year’s old and have some black,brown spots on my face I have normal skin and fair color….besan+turmeric +milk will work on it?how many times should I apply it?

110. Soniya Kavthankar says

Hey Soniya. Use potato slices or juice on the scars and boils. It will help calm down the skin. Do it at night after cleansing your face. Also, what cleanser are you using? It also matters a lot! Try using garner pore unclogging face wash and see if it helps you as it has salicylate acid which helps cleanse the skin.

111. Soniya Kavthankar says

Hi..i was using clobact gm some days back n my skin was glowing…bt after some days i started getting boils all over my face n neck..i tried homemade remedies bt of no use..i went to md dr n took his medicines bt still hardly any difference..m going treatment with skin specialist since last 1 and half month bt d spots r nt going…plx help me. M already using seraclin gel at night..n i use soapex soap..plz guide me

112. soniya says

M already using seraclin ad gel at night n i use soapex soap …plz help me wat needs to be done in order to get rid of my boils.

hi Soniya, sorry! but, i have no idea about the medicated products you are using so i can not help you. you can also try a home remedy with these products. wash your face at night, apply vinegar as a spot treatment on your breakouts, let it dry for 5 minutes, wash off and then follow with the medication as prescribed. this might help. also, there is no guarantee to any kind of home remedy. how faster it reacts on your skin depends on your skin type. it can take upto a week or two to notice any difference.

113. Anaina says

Hey!
    I wanted to know whether Besan works wonders on pimple marks? Recently I have acquired few black scars on my cheeks due to pimples and i find them really ugly because I have a fair complexion and my skin is spotless excluding those dark pimple marks. I want to get rid of them as soon as possible! Please suggest the best method.

Hi Anaina, sorry for the late reply! You can sue potato juice on the marks every night after cleansing your face. It helps with fading away the scars. The results will be visible in a week of regular usage and it might take a bit of time for them to fade completely.

114. pragya says

Hi dear. I really like using besan daily but my mum says that these things should not be used daily as they can cause damage if used dail.:( what you think regarding this?

115. pragya says

Hi dear. I really like using besan daily but my mum says that these things should not be used daily as they can cause damage if used daily.:( what you think regarding this?

116. k2 says

Can i apply (2 drops of lime/lemon+pinch of turmeric) on face n washd it off after 10min everyday in the morning? N is der any need to use sunscreen? Is it ok if i dnt use sunscreen?

117. k2 says

Can i apply (2 drops of lime/lemon + pinch of turmeric) on face and wash it off after 10min in early morning daily? And is it ok if i dnt use sunscreen?

118. Fad says

hi . i jst wanted vto ask if turmeric n besan on a contiues use can reduce pimples on face , and how many times in a day should i use this to hv ance free face ….
    n should i mix with turmeric n besan lemon or curd for clean skin , which one is better for cure of pimples…. please advice…….
    because i was using curd with turmeric n besan but dat was making my skin oily,, so plz suggest… thank u

119. Mehzabeen says

Hieee i have pimples dark spots and holes on my face i started using besan vth haldi is it safe??? Plz help me m very dipress cOz of dat

Hi Swati, i have started using gram flour with turmeric powder and curd as a face pack. I wanted to know how long it would be before a real difference is noticed? is there any harm to using this pack daily?

nope! i have never seen any problem with this mask. but, it is just regular cleanser and will keep your skin in decent condition. it would not change your skin completely!!

121. MINHAJ says

hi iam using besan with haldi but not as a pack instead rubbing it daily in evening on face and hands..no doubt its glowing but small blak pimples iam getting…can u suggest me y its happening like this

123. Sangeetha says

Hi Swati,

i have started using gram flour with turmeric powder but don’t know why my face are itching

after apply green flour with turmeric powder face mask 10 to 15 minutes ?

Plz give me suggestion for my itching face.

124. Meghana says

when we use gram flour on fore head does it removes hair?? bcoz i have large forehead and it is said that gram flour removes facial hair

125. lalu says

hi madam,
    i am 22 aged boy i have pimples in my face and and dandruff in my head. my friend said combination of green powder and Turmeric Powder are good for avoiding these problems, but i heard about Turmeric Powder is remove facial hair.i want my facial hair at the same time solving issues of pimples and dandruff.
    please help me…

Hey,

Im using tumeric powder, basin, milk,rose water, glycerine and honey by preparing it as mud and using it at night . just one day before i started,
    please tell me is it safe to use. If its safe then after how many days i will get result.
    Few months before i started using faiza cream it works good but when i stop using the next day i got pimples and after few months my skin gets darker.
    I read some articles and heard from friends they said its not gud. So i stopped.
    So any 1 advise me the paste im using is it safe to use to brighter and glowing skin.

127. nareah says

My face is oily skin once upon a time my skin colour white but some creams used my face is diverted into black colour plz some advices

hi. please use a product which actually suits your skin and are branded so that there is no negative reaction. also, eating good food and drinking enough water helps retaining the complexion.

128. anusha says

Hi mam..
    This is anusha.i m having dry skin.i dont use any face cream or any chemical products.in this winter season my skin will became black..can I use mixture of green gram flour,orange peel powder and milk for skin whitening…please give me advice.

you should use face creams. there are many organic and natural products in the market. skin becomes black because of dehydration and lack of moisturization. so, you should do both! also, in case you do not want to use face creams, you can use oils. grapeseed, almond, apricot, all such oils are amazing for dry skin.

129. Ridhi says

Hi mam,

This is ridhi here. I just wanted to know if I use besan, haldi and lemon on my skin especially on chin and neck area, will it renove facial hair? And also after how long will I see result?

Thanks

hi Ridhi. wish you a very happy new year :)
      yes, it will remove facial hair but it will take time for the results to show. and, you have to scrub off the besan in the opposite direction once it is dry on your face. use it for a month every single day and you should see results. also you have to keep doing it everyday if you want to keep seeing the results. or, at least keep using it thrice a week!! hope this helps :)

130. gayathri says

hi mam… . this is gayathri.. … im using gram floar soap and i also use to apply haldi as a facepack…. then also i didnot gttng result bt my face bcmng black and also oil in face not gttng reduce…. wat i do…. plz rply

131. Ramya Swethan says

Hie Swathi… Twice a day iam using combination of besan, turmeric, tomato juice and drops of lemon but there is no change in complexion. plzz suggest me.

132. SP says

i use besan+turmeric mix everyday for the past one month. I am fair but i have dark colouration of skin around my mouth…what shall I do? can you plz suggest any home remedy?

133. soundarya says

HI,
    all this time i was using green gram flour and water mixed as a face wash. But im running out and cant find any. i am planning on using this next, mixed with water every morn and night. im only 14 and have some blemishes and pimples, with tiny zits on my forehead. is that okay? Will it do me any good? I look bad in pimples/zits/ and especially scars. Im also breaking out on my cheeks :(

134. Simran says

Hi swati…i just want 2 ask that i have dark legs,hands nd neck as compared to my face.for this reason i cant wear sleeveless top which is very painful for me nd i also want 2 say that i have been using this natural products from last 3 to 4 year but i didnt get desired result.at first i was using lentil + raw milk + turmeric and then i switched to besan+ turmeric+ sandal powder+ lemon + raw or sometims boil milk also.so plz suggest me that whether this product i m using is good for my skin ar not nd if not than how can i get farer tone.n i m a cllg student so exposure to sun is my daily routine.so plz plz suggest me

135. sai jayasree says

hi swathi.this is sai.i have been using besan haldi and moong dhall powder for my bath for the past one month.i could see my skin has turned dark over the skin.i can really feel it .shopuld i stop using this combo? or it doesnt render such reaction?

136. Desha lee says

Hey i just found out about your blog and its pretty amazing! And today i again used chickpea flour or besan you call, after 2 years or something. But when i applied it and exfoliate a little bit like i used to do, but after rinsing. There were red marks on my face and itchy red pimples. They were burning so hot so i instantly applied mint water on them to soothe. But this never happened before, why is it happening? Has my skin changed in these 2 years? And the flour is new too, i bought it yesterday. Please help Thankyou.

hi, guess the flour did not suit your face. may be, it was not pure. use organic one from next time if you do!! generally, nothing like this ever happens. worst case is no result. hope your skin is fine now!!

137. A girl in need..( **utmost need) says

Hai dear Swathi..
    I just chanced upon your page & saw all the posts & I must say,i am relieved to know that I am not alone in the battle with using the natural ingredients against the skin problems..& I am happy to be finally answered! So,here is one such query from me too..

Knowing that cleansing, toning & moisturising does a lot of good I stated doing it with curd,rose water & almond oil respectively. Day 1 went really good. I could see the effect on my skin in the morning itself.It was glowing & bright.happy with the result (thrilled, actually) I did it the next day n the curd happened to be a sour one but I could immediately see the effect on my skin,it became dark & dull.. & it still is. This happened previously too when I applied sandal powder pack & once aloevera. :-( Now I am really worried about what I should do.should I continue doing this or stop with the new regime I set?.. Pls,plsss help me out.

hi! too much of everything is bad so please do this only twice a week. curd is exfoliating and should not be used on skin everyday.

• Anusha Kollu says

Thankuu soo much!.. Will do that. What about the regime of cleansing, toning & moisturizing? Isnt that good to do everyday? Or I shud just replace curd?

hi Anusha. yes, you should do the CTM every single day, in fact twice a day – in the morning and evening. once you know your products suit you, use curd once or twice a week and see how it reacts on your skin. btw, do not forget sunscreen. that is important.

• Anusha says

Will sure do that without fail..thanx yet again.I prefer not to use company products.so can u suggest a good cleanser out of the kitchen available things? Will milk do?

138. Anusha says

Thanku soo much,yet again. Will do that without fail..I prefer natural products to company products. So can you suggest good cleanser? Will milk do? If so,then raw milk or boiled milk?..

139. saria says

Hi mam
    i have known about your post recently and im very happy to see that most of all are getting satisfy answers and hope a lot that u will help me in my problem.
    my age is twenty and my skin gets dull and dark very soon but my face is always pimples free thank god about it .i never uses any face mask or face creams.but from past few days i was using besan,milk and turmeic face pack for glowing skin and im seeing some pimples and redish thing on my face so please suggest me should i use this or not it will be a big favor mam

hi Saria. make sure besan and turmeric you are using are organic and using them once a day is enough. do not overuse. also, avoid milk as it can cause breakouts and pimples. use toners or organic rose water instead or even water is fine!! if the problem still persists, your skin is probably allergic to either ingredients so discontinue the use. hope this helps :)

140. Madhavi says

HI Which is the home made pack which i can use at night full ?
    I have oily skin and am 40years old

I use only rose water in which i have soaked saffron , but not found improvement

Someone suggested tomato + honey -every night – will this help for fairness and glow

hi Madhavi. doing anything in excess will not help. do this face pack for two nights in a week. it will definitely work :) tomato is great for oily skin!!

141. anu says

hi mam m using gram flour,rice four and ambi halad for skin n i have oily skin so is it k if I use this mixture daily plz reply

142. Rima says

Hey swati dis is rima,I’m 36.my skin has become dull,darker and loose, earlier I was very pretty but now I feel myself aged due to my skin.how can I get young, fair, glowing and completely flawless skin.

143. tara says

Hlo mama I hve a fair cmplxn but bleach krwane k bad mera face bht dark hgya h itried turmeric n milk fce pck but it doesnt wrkd . So can I use turmeric besan and yoghurt pack to get fairness. Pls hlp me

144. Sana omar says

Hey swati,
    I am having pimples on my face n it happens only in summers 😏 I am too much worried about it.. I have tried so many things! Read so many things and applied on my face but no use! Right now i used gram flour + atta+ rose water and a pinch of tumeric powder for pimples plus fairer skin. Is it uselful for pimples and fairer skin ? I am using using it on hands and feet too! Pls suggest me some home remedy for pimples spots too :( I have spots alot on my both cheeks!

145. meeya says

Hi mam
    I’m using besan along with rosewater milk haldi and lemon as a pack on my face and neck everyday mam
    Is it okay to use it everyday mam?
    I want to lighten my skin tone mam
    Pls kindly help me with this…