Pulses in our kitchen prove to be good scrubs as well. Earlier, I had talked about ‘Mung Dal’. Today, I would be talking about ‘Masoor Dal’ (Red Lentil). Ground red lentil is a very good scrub for the body.
- Mix it with honey or milk and use as body scrub while in shower.
- Use as a face scrub twice in a week for oily and combination skin and once for normal to dry skin.
- Alternatives: If you do not want to store it as a scrub, you can soak a cup of red lentils in milk or water overnight and make a paste in the morning and use it as a scrub or a face pack. You may even add the skin of almonds soaked overnight. It would make your skin glow like never before.
- You can even mix the powder with pure ghee (made at home) and use it as a scrub. Pure ghee acts as lubricant reducing the harshness of the scrub on your skin and simultaneously nourishing it with the necessary fats to make skin look beautiful.
- You can mix other ingredients like dried tulsi leaves, rose petals or orange peels also and make the scrub a invigorating scrub. They will provide a scrub a distinct smell if use separately.