Benefits of Pineapple for Skin

We have talked about so many fruits which are good for skin. Today, I would be talking about Pineapple. Like papaya, pineapple is great for anti-aging skin care. Following are some tips to use pineapple for your skin:
  • Extract pineapple juice and apply with a cotton ball on your face. Do not let it stay more than 5 minutes. It is rich in Alpha-Hydroxy Acids which slows down the aging process.
  • You can mash a very ripe pineapple and apply it on your face. Same precautions go for it too.You can add honey to pineapple or you can even add any other ingredients you feel like.
  • Cut a slice of pineapple and use it as a loofah to scrub your body while taking a shower.
  • Rub slices of pineapple on rough areas of the skin or on dark spots and blemishes to reduce them. But, always take care to wash off after 5 minutes. If you keep pineapple more than 5 minutes, the acids in the fruit would burn your skin.
  • Applying pineapple is one of the best home remedies for wrinkles, moles and warts.
  • Drink pineapple juice as frequently as possible or eat pineapple everyday. It is as good for health as much for skin. It helps with heart and kidney problems, has protein digesting enzyme, has proved beneficial for women suffering from irregular and painful periods and is an effective remedy for sore throats and colds.

Comments

Pineapple really does burn skin, people. So take precaution! I didn’t know this and place pineapple slices on my face, leaving them for an hour. When I took them off, my skin was burned raw and slightly bleeding. Take heed – be careful with pineapple or you’ll have your own chemical peel!

• Anonymous says

How often can you use the pineapple juice on your face? I’m hoping the more I use it the faster wrinkles will diminish.

• Anonymous says

Hi there, with any highly concentrated chemical peel, isn’t only recommended that you use it once a week. In saying that, pure pineapple extract is also only able to be left on for 5-10 minutes MAX, and then completely removed with water.

I saw using pineapple on your face on the Dr. Oz show thank you for the information Regarding the five minutes now I’ll give it a try

3. xyz says

Can i do a chemical peel by keeping pineapple slices on my face for more than 5 min? I really want to get rid of the upper dead and tanned skin layer of my face!!!!

Pineapple is not a way to do chemical peel! All citrus fruits have citric acid in them and will burn your face. You want to get rid of dead skin or your tanned layer then just exfoliate, use something light like Oil of Olay line, Regenerist. It will take a few weeks but it’ll be much safer. Fruits can leave scars on your face if you let it sit there and burn your skin. If you have the money see an esthetician for a microdermabrasion or chemical peel or go tot he dermatologist for something even stronger.

Thanks for the comment about 5-10 minute, once or twice a week application. I used it yesterday morning for half an hour, the same night for an hour. As soon as I were to apply it on my skin the next morning, I noticed the area around my eyes were pretty red and a bit swollen. I washed my face right away. Next time I’ll be more cautious.

YES IT IS VERY EFFECTIVE SPECIALLY ON MY ACNE SCARS LEFT OVER SEVERAL MONTHS,.WHEN I TRY USING THE FRUIT OF PINEAPPLE, I DAB IT ON MY FACE ABOUT 3 MINUTES BEC IT IS SO STINGY AND WASH IT OFF WITH LUKEWARM WATER, THE ACNE SCARS WERE LIGHTEN AND SOFT MY FACE,THE SCARS TOTALLY DISAPPEARS IN LESS THAN A WEEK..

I cut up my pineapple peels into 1 inch squares and freeze them. When I need to do. A peel I take one out and let it thaw then squeeze out the juice and rub it on my face and let it sit 5-10 minutes. I do this every 3 or 4 days and my skin has never looked better

I dont have ready access to fresh pineapple, how long should i keep canned pineapple to get same results? i read that canned pineapple has none of the goodness fresh has so any advice is helpful

9. tpkrazy pagadian says

i just recently had allergic reactions with pineapples. I am a fresh fruit juice lover, i have used the pulp of the pineapple together with cucumber and the carrots. The reaction on my skin was terrible. In fact, when i reported at the office today, my officemates took notice right away of the redness that my arms and my neck. I was advised to take anti histamine. I might have missed the information on applying it topically. Lessons learned!

can you apply it allover your body and bath it off after 5mins with your bathing soap? And then apply your body lotion…..?