Benefits of Orange on Skin

This fruit belongs to the citrus family and is best know for its astringent and toning properties. Oranges are a good source of Vitamin C which is known to improve the skin texture and color. They help restoring collagen in our body which is responsible for skin firming and preventing early aging of skin. So, daily serving of citrus fruits helps our body fight aging.

• After eating orange, instead of throwing away the peels, dry them in sun and grind them. Store the mixture. And, use it as a body scrub.
  • Mix the above made scrub and milk or milk cream and apply on face. It gives an instant glow to your face. And, reduces the dark spots and blemishes on your skin.
  • If you do not want to go through the tedious step of grinding the peels, you can make a refreshing face spray using the peels.
  • If you do not use a face spray, simply pour boiling water on the peels and leave for a day. Next day, filter the liquid and store it in fridge. Apply the liquid on your face using a cotton ball. Let stay till it dries up. Your face will be firm and glowing.
    • You can use this liquid in preparing face masks. Use the liquid in a day or two.
    • You can pour this liquid in your bath water and enjoy a refreshing and rejuvenating bath. Your skin will smell fresh all day.
    • Use the liquid as a hair rinse to get shining hair. It also helps in removing dandruff.
  • A very innovative tip: Take the juice of 2 oranges and freeze it in an ice tray. Rub your face with frozen orange juice cubes. It will instantly freshen you up and lift up the tiredness from your face. The juice will give your dull and oily face an instant sheen. And, the chilled ice cubes will close and minimize the size of your pores. This also provides relief to acne prone skin and pimples.
Have you used orange on your skin? Pin It

Comments

does anyone know how dry should the orange peel be? Should it be crackling? I’ve noticed that it’s easier to grind a crackling dry orange peel but it might not have much minerals left.

to make the orange peel powder, it should lose the entire moisture in it and should be like a dry autumn leaf. yes, crackling would probably be a right way to describe it. and, no, it doesn’t remove the minerals in it. only, don’t let the orange peel dry in direct sunlight.

Hi,

Can anyone help me in knowing the treament for seborrheic dermatitis on scalp…I have been suffering from this since 2006, actually am fed-up with the allopathy treament … i thought of trying natural therapy could anyone please help me in this .

Regards,
    Vikas Chandra.

Wow, I thought only lemon could work for me, because I used to apply lemon and now I came to know that orange juice is beneficial for skin. Thank you so much for providing educational tips.

well can i like just apply the the inside orange on the spot where got pimples and the scars just like that? please reply soon

is it for the children also to use the fresh orange juice directly to the skin all over the body.Please answer soon.

will the daily application of orange juice directly on skin for both adult and children make the skin dry because of its acidic power?I am following these steps everyday on my childs skin that 1.APPLICATION OF ORANGE JUICE ON SKIN.2.APPLICATION OF MILK CREAM ON THE SKIN.3.APPLICATION OF A CREAM ENRICHED WITH VITAMIN E.Avoiding of vit E enriched cream,will cause any problem.

hey…yes, do not use orange juice on a kid. i would suggest you to just use handmade soaps and some good lotion to moisturize. their skin is very sensitive. and, don’t forget sunscreen if the kid goes out to play a lot.

will daily application of orange juice on skin of a child make it dry?After applying it I am using the milk cream.Is it good or bad? Her skin is a dry one.

just till it gets frozen or if you are talking about how many days can you leave the orange juice without needing to squeeze the fresh one, i would say use it as soon as it is squeezed because the enzymes in the fresh juices disintegrate very fast!

what would be the most effective for scars and blemishes from acne? Is orange peel or banana peel?..

helooo ..
    How can i regain my natural skin color. It becomes darker due to pimple’s scars and sun rays plzz.. Give me some useful tips. Can i use the method of orange peels ?? Is it beneficial for boys ?? Also , my skin is oily.

I mixed orangr peel powder with rose water and scrubbed it for 5 mins. My skin started to burn. Should I continue to use or not.

well, i would suggest you to make sure you are not allergic to either of the ingredients. till then do not use and do not scrub. apply ice on the area to cool it down and treat it with aloevera gel!!

I have applied orange peel power in my face. After 10 mins I felt little ithy, lik how we feel for multhani metti or neem. Is it normal or do I need to stop!

Also is applyin this paste on face is cold for body?

God helped me or I am a good guesser??????

for the past several days been boiling hotwater with orange peels and it feels GOOD then bath in it ,its nice

i am sorry but your question is not exactly clear!! you can take the fruit either in the juice form or the orange pieces or even orange peel, either of it would work!!

13. Jalajarao says

Hi,

For the first time in my life, I applied Orange peel powder+rose water+milk pack for 5 minutes on my face. It gave me burning sensation like hell . Was it wrong combination?? ..
    And I have dark skin around my eyes. Please suggest simple remedy for this…

Thanks & regards,