Lemon juice: drink a glass daily {Ingredient}

Today, I would be talking about the benefits of lemon juice for our body. We are all advised to drink a glass of water with lemon juice and honey mixed in it in the morning to lose weight. Right? Does it really work? Well, it did never work for me. But, I have found other benefits of doing the same. Or, probably a little different. Because, I am pretty lazy so I squeeze a half lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it. I do not bother to mix honey in it as I do not like to take much of sugar and am too lazy. And, guess what. It has done wonders for my skin and body.

Drinking lemon water in the morning has cleansed my body inside out. Lemon helps in the detoxification process of the body. And, it has helped to bring a glow in my complexion internally. Lemon has Vitamin C which is also responsible for building up collagen in our skin. Collagen is necessary to keep the skin firm and young. So, lemon is necessary to stay young. Forget Botox and surgeries. Stick to lemon and you will never really need any of them. Moreover, it is necessary to keep our digestive system in the right order and our metabolism high.
There are many other benefits of lemon juice apart from the above-stated.
  • Applying lemon juice to the skin helps in lightening the blemishes and any scars or dark spots. But, do not apply lemon juice alone. Mix it with honey or any face mask and then apply.
  • Lemon is good for bleaching the facial hair. Mix honey and lemon juice and apply it over the face and you would find in a month, the facial hair is no more. It actually does not go away but simply gets bleached and is not any more visible to the naked eye unless looked from very close.
  • Lemon juice when applied to hair helps in curing dandruff.
  • Lemon juice can be used as a last rinse to bring shine in the hair.
  • If you want to lighten your hair color, apply lemon juice on your hair and go and sit in sun. The heat will help lemon bleach your hair. If you do it pretty frequently, you might even end up with blond hair color.
  • Mix it in face masks. It helps bring a glow on your face by cleaning your skin right down to the pores.
  • Lemon peels can be infused in hair oil to get its benefit stated above in point no. 3 and 4.
  • You can grind the dried lemon peels and use it as a body scrub. They leave a refreshing scent on your body.
  • Pour lemon juice into the bath water to experience a refreshing bath.
Caution: Use lemon juice externally on the body only at night. It makes your skin photosensitive (sensitive to light). Exposure to sun would be extremely harmful so use sunscreen diligently after using lemon on your skin.

Have you used lemon juice in any other ways? Do Share!
Related Posts:

Comments

1. fateh says

yes you are right because i am using every day at night it works very well i am using just lemon juice on my face now i got some benifit on lemon juice

• Anonymous says

i am using lemon at night to wash my face. i used it for two weeks now.. and enryone in my office is asking me whats the secret, because they said you face complexion is much better now and alot of different. i swear i didnt tell anyone in teh office about it, because i wanted to see the difference in 1 month. but now, i am just loving it. instead it, once i get up, i warm lemon water and one glass at night before go to sleep. try it and u will notice the different. people will ask u, u dont have to tell them. then u will notice whats the difference before and after using it;) nothing to lose. lemon is cheap and its a godgiven;)

• Enzo says

Do not use lemon everyday? why and How do you know? Last week, I started using lemon and honey mixed for acne on my face did worked. It was really amazing for my face worked when i’m happy. But i can take around a month with lemon juice and honey so good.

I’ve been drinking tons of hot water with lemon juice because I love the taste, its only been a few days and I’ve already noticed a difference in my skin. My complexion is more even, glowy, and the usual redness is gone.

• Anonymous says

Hi, is it good or bad to use lemon juice on acne area (face) daily? I have used it once and it worked well, please suggest, Awaiting your reply eagerly. Thanks

I started using lemon last Feb 2, I am 8 months pregnant, since pregnant women are not allowed to use product containing whitening I settled to natural product. I use lemon as my facial mask with small amount of baby oil and sugar. if your using lemon alone u are prone dry skin, What I did that i combine little amount of J& J baby oil to provide moisture, and sugar. it is really good on the skin, u will feel soft supple skin, feeling fresh of lemon. during pregnancy there are so many skin changes. feel free to use lemon with out any worry that u are harming your baby.. it worked for me very well.. and my baby is very healthy.

• Anonymous says

Pregnant women are not allowed to use any product containing hydroquinone or whitening agents. You should expect skin changes through out your pregnancy. I am 8 months pregnant I have asked my OB if using Lemon on skin is safe. She said no problem. you can make lemonade and lemon mask at the same time, You have Lemon juice that contain high vitamin C and you have lemon peel that you can use as your facial mask in very natural way. So what are you waiting for try it. You can have soft supple skin, lighten your dark skin and lemon fresh feeling. Vitamin C that contain antioxidants, it helps in growth and development and common remedy for colds

• Anonymous says

It’s never caused acidity for me either. I take an acid reducer about 20 min before I drink the lemon juice in the morning. I’ve read that lemon juice actually helps make your internal ph more alkaline, which reduces acid ironically enough. That’s why it helps your skin so much because most people’s internal ph is too acidic and needs to be more alkaline in order to be at it’s most beneficial. I just take an antacid because I sometimes get heartburn…but it’s not happened from the juice, and there are days I drink it with no antacid before at all. Overall, it’s amazing for your body and I will always drink lemon water now!

• Anonymous says

‘I take an acid reducer about 20 min before I drink the lemon juice in the morning.’

Yeah if you must ….but you want the acidity in your stomach to help you absorb the nutrients in there to the rest of your body.
      If you constantly keep your stomach alkaline, you are starving you body of nutrients and will eat constantly.
      An acidic stomach is what helps your body absorb those nutrients.

2. aminul islam bhuiyan says

well..i drink lots of lemon juice..its really very beneficial for the health it cleans your body from inside cleaning blood and stomach and also cleaning the skin from inside.it contains lots of vitamins and minerals which are need for the body.its also kills worms in intestine.i really would recommend to drink lemon juice when ever possible it is natural and has no side effects in the body.other cold drinks mainly pepsi and coca cola and energy drinks are very harmfull to the health.please try to avoid it……

Yeah,u’ll sure look prettier in an hour,lol.well,I’m trying to stick to lemon water and avoid coca cola and others.

I take it in a different way. I fill my water bottle and put juice of one medium size lemon with one spoon of honey. This is my drink in office hours. I used to have swelling in my feet. It has started getting better.

hey…its a good thing but actually the vitamin c gets broken down in 10 minutes after the lemon is squeezed so its better to drink it immediately…in fact if you like, you can take green tea in this way…its damn good for body :)

i dring 1/2 lemon in the morning, 1/2 in the evening and use it topically if i have a break out. i have been doing this for several month and have experinced no new break outs. Dissenfecting from the inside out! Amazing…..also, you can boil them sliced on the stove to eliminate odors in your house. you can freeze them and then grate them whole on your salad and fish and whatever!

I just started this lemon water cleanse a few days ago, hope I start seeing results in my skin. I’ve suffered from break outs forever! I’ve taken Accutane, birth control pills, used Pro Activ, and I’ve just about had it! I don’t want to take anymore drugs, this will harm my body in the long term! Hope this works! Will keep you guys posted after about 2-3 weeks.

with empty stomach in the morning I take warm water with lemon juice + 1tsp of honey and after I scrubb my face with lemon in my face. Will they going to affect me negatively?

dont use lemon to scrub your afce daily….use it only twice a week fi you have oily skin and once if dry or normal skin…also, lemon is drying for skin and makes it photosensitive so take care that you do not go into sun without proper protection!

hi plz tell me……if i will use rose water+glycerine +lemon daily at night on my skin…..then my skin will be photo sensitive??????and i will hav to be much careful while go out in sun….???

don’t use lemon daily on the face as lemon is really drying…if your skin is oily, use lemon 3 times a week on alternate days and if it is normal or dry, use it only twice or once a week as and when needed.

Hi, this is yuvan..
    Past few days am using honey and tomato (alternate).

Can i get a good remedy for dry skin and open spores ?

And Actually does honey make the hair grey by any chance?

Hi, does the photosensitivity of lemon go away if i apply lemon on face at night and wash it away in the morning?

no it does not reduce the photo sensitivity. if you apply it at night, it gives time for skin to recover. always apply it at night and wash it off as soon as it dries which should not be more than 10 min. do not keep it overnight.

I’ve started drinking lemon water before night going to bed and in the morning for my acne.
    So how long will it take to clear out my skin?

Hey hi,
    I hav been drinking honey lemon jice wit warm water every morning wit empty stomach n it has worked out a lot I reduced nearly 2 kg well I also work out everyday atleast one hour

I have been drinking lemonade for the past 2 weeks every morning and I’ve been applying lemon on my face overnight, Ive seen no results :( my mouth area is still dark. Is there anything else I can do? Any advice would be appreciated :)

• Anonymous says

Do you have the lemonade with warm/hot water? It’s worked wonders for me, I have 1 whole squeezed lemon with warm water first thing in the morning and 1 right before bed. It’s made me feel regular and i’ve seen my face is becoming brighter :)

first of all, applying lemon on skin every night is a very bad idea!

and, it also causes skin to become photosensitive because of which the skin gets darkened in sun! so, i would suggest not to use lemon and wear proper protection and sunscreen when in sun and take proper balanced diet. as far as i can understand it is a lack of vitamin which is causing that issue.

Hi I wana know – I hv bin using lemon juice nd lemon lite cream will that help me with my scars nd acne face. Cause have done almost eveyting nd still doesn’t work so I hope this works .

i am 20 year old gal and dis july its my didis marriage i want to look pretier with glowing face i am having dark circles also please help…:(
    I am taking safi is it worth???
    and i also apply honey and lemon mixed in it i have squezzd two lemon in a bottel of honey and applying it over night is it effective????plsease reply asap….i need help

thanx a toon …..can u please tell me shall i apply curd my skin is dry….and what shall i add to it to get instant result…

yes you can apply curd. mix tomato juice for instant results. also rub a potato slice on your face every day at night. that should definitely show difference. also, don’t forget applying sunscreen!!

I have been putting a slice of lemon in my water bottle and refilling it all day. Does that offer any benefits?

Hi I’m a 31 year old guy. I have a normal skin type. Recently I have started to develop dark patches on my cheek bone area. Please suggest me some homemade remedy to cure my problem. Thank you:)

19. Shriram says

i tried lemon and honey mix over 1 month. i also got a good looking skin . but once i stopped and exposure to sun .i really makes very dark and brown. now i looking so ugly than previous .please suggest any good solution to retain my old skin. now i don’t want very fair skin but wants at-least slightly wheatish complexion.

Holy smokes! Your grammar and comma usage is terrible! That makes me very weary of your credentials.

For drinking lemon juice everyday. Should I drink lemon juice straight up or with warm water? And if with water, how much? And I’m too lazy to squeeze a lemon haha.

What are the benefit of using honey, lemon juice, and brown sugar. I try this at night. I mix everything togeather and apply it on my face for about 20 min then wash it off with warm water. I like the softness it gives to my skin but don’t know what benefits it gives my skin.

Avoid drinking juices. It’s always better to eat fruits. And altogether we get wee amount of goodness when we drink juice. This may sound like an abrupt departure of goodness from fruits. But this is true. The snag is with pulp getting separated and wasted. It’s suppose to be consumed.

yes that is true but can’t be done in case of lemon. otherwise its always better to eat fruit but i say drink juices coz some people tend to avoid both!!

I had acne for more than 10 years. Recently i got to know that drinking lemon juice (warm water) will cure acne. I tried and it is amazing. I never got a single acne for the past 3 days.

This is good to know. I asked my hubby to by me lemons so I can start drinking water lemons tomorrow morning when I wake up….lolz..i’ll let you know of the results. Do you drink it without sugar? Thanks.

hai every one ….
    This Honey and lemon combination good for men ? Because i heard that honey makes white beard. Can any one suggest me.. whether i can go for it.

meri neck pe chote chote dark spot ho gye hai aur rang bhi thoda dark hai neck ka chehre se.
    So please suggest me what i do to overcome from this problem

Hi, Would you know if ‘calamansi’ or the small limes have the same benefits as Lemons. In our country, lemons are very expensive. So most people use ‘Calamansi’ as alternative instead. Have you tried those before?

Can I use tomato juice on my thighs too. I have very dark spots all over my legs. Also if it does work, how long will it take to reduce the scars on my legs?

yes you can. how long it will take actually depends on how your skin responds. I can’t comment on it but you should see some improvement in two weeks of daily usage!

Hey ive been applying lemon juice twice a day o my skin for almost a week now,my skin hasmt dried out yet though.probably because i apply aloe vera overnight.i broke out really badly last month and the acne is taking forever to go.i also drink a glass of lemon juice in the morning.there is a slight glow on my face but my acne just doesnt seem to go :(

hey…i have said time and again that lemon juice is really drying for skin. it will age you much faster and there is a good reason for it. please check this post:
      also, on your acne, i would suggest you to apply ginger juice every night. also, try using nutmeg paste. it really helps with acne :) the reason lemon did not help with acne might be that reason for your acne might be some internal issue.

• Anonymous says

Hi again.i discontinued the use of cpntraceptives as a treatment for acne as im sufferig from pcod.as i stopped the use my skin broke out completely.i started withe uae of apple cider vinegar.how do i go about it.i used it as a toner but it feels sticky.not sure if i should wash it off or apply the moisturizer.also i take allot of care of my skin.wash ot regularly,drink 5 litres of water everyday and also have tons of salad comprising of spinach,carrot,beetroot,tomato and cucumber for several montha now,im really sick of this.also does drinking lemon juice add a glow?and how long till it works.my acne has been axtive and red and inflamed for almost a monh nos.

hey…apply ginger juice on the acne eruptions. also, mix a table spoon of ACV in plain water and store it in a spray bottle. use it as and when needed. also, you can drink one table spoon of ACV in a glass of water thrice a week but NO MORE!! also, you should probably consult a doc since its hormonal if they can prescribe something.

Hi, I have clogged pores and oily skin. I use and acne cleanser two times a day and I was looking for ways that help to unclog pores and lemon juice seemed to be a really great option until I discovered that it really dries out your skin. I plan on drinking lemon water in the morning from now on, but I saw tomato juice works well too. But I was wondering how it should be applied as well as if there is anything that you can mix it with to get the best results?

Hi! Im deepa. Pls give advice. Im sick of my skin. I have acne and scares. And pores too. I have oily skin. Problem is my scars are some what reddish and dark around my mouth and chin. Pls do help me. :'(

34. Khushee says

Hi. I have lemon juice mixed with oil in my hair right now. Will it be okay if I leave it overnight? I didn’t think about it earlier, but now I’m worried it might have a reaction. Please help. Taking a shower at ten at night is a pretty difficult decision to make :P

hey Khushee…i do think i replied to your comment somewhere! its ok to leave it overnight but next time just apply the lemon juice an hour before shampooing instead because it can dry out the scalp a lot! there is generally no reaction or anything to be afraid of so don’t worry about that :)

I used lemon with lukewarm water a week now I start losing weight from 61 to 59 so happy me.hoping to reach down to 55.good luck me.normal Na pa,gbabawas, KO thanks God.

I used 4lemon with lukewarm water every morning for a week now.I lose weight from 61 to 59.hoping to reach down to 55 good luck to me.thanks God normal na pagbabawas ko every morning.

I can say that after using 2 weeks lemon, just rubing on my blackhead on my face and other parts of my body, everyone in my family is being asking what did I do, it light it up all the blackheads, and cleasing. I will use some honey with it to see the result. I love it.

i drink a glass of water every morning in empty sstomach en it improved my skin complexion because i was applyng hydroquinone creams for 5 years and stoped and i loose my pigment and my skin started to be dull, face scartered by pimples en looks ugly. but since i started with this home remedies tomato juice with lemon every morng and i do steam my body everyday my complexion comes to normal now, pimples are no more and everything is fine. i also juiced raw vegetables it real helped me alot. but now i am concerned since i read this blog and some people said warm water lemon is not gud to females

hillmaen embulah naka-bush from Namibia

apply cucumber juice as many times a week as you can. let it dry, wash off and use almond oil every night – one drop on both the eye areas to moisturize.

39. Steph says

@Swati Murti Please please give me some advice. I really do not understand my skin when i wake up in the morning its great and i have a clear complexion and then maybe an hour later my face looks very dull and tired and like I’ve not slept and goes slightly red. Its starting to really make me feel down and would love if it stayed as awake and clear as it did in the morning. Do you have any advice on best ways for my skin to look awake and clear. I have a healthy diet and drink a fair amount of water. Thank you

hi Steph. its a very common problem. 90% the reason is because hydration levels of the skin are falling off. so, use a hydrating moisturizer. right in the morning, splash a lot of cold water on the skin. after shower, use the moisturizer and follow with sunscreen. same thing in evening after cleansing off the sunscreen and washing off the face.
      and, eat lot of nuts and drink lots of fluids including two cups of green tea everyday and increase water intake.

40. sumi says

hii….m drinking lemon juice with honey in warm water ….itz ben around a month..but i havnt noticed my skin glow or my complexion ….. when will i get the results??

@Swati Murti
    my face become so dark in the last 3 years
    i have lot of black marks also in my face and quite big in forehead

Does Lemon or tomato juice helps me to remove the marks and retain my color?

Regards
    Raja M

HEY SWATI!!!!!
    I AM APPLYING LEMON ON MY FACE EVERY SINCE PAST A WEEK IN D MORNINGS AS A MOISTURIZER AND THN APPLY SOME JOHNSON BABY LOTION ON IT….THN I DNT WASH IT OFF AND KEEP IT ON D WHOLE DAY..WITHOUT WASHING IT….I FEEL I DONT GET OILY SKIN OR NOR DOES IT BECOME DRY….ITS SUPER SMOOTH AND I FEEL IT SUITS ME A LOT IT DOESNT MAKE MY SKIN TO LOOK DULL AT ALL AND LOOKS REALLY BRIGHT……………NOT SURE IF ITS MAKING ME PHOTOSENSITIVE OR IS IT RIGHT FOR ME OR NOT………..I LIKE TO USE LEMON AS A MOISTURIZER PLEASE SUGEST ME…

hey swati i have been using lemon and sugar on my face for a week now but im still dark… pls what can i do about it i really need to lighten my face.HELP

i have also used lemon water and get benfit in short time my skin was very oily and dark earlier and after regular drinking lemon water i got result now my skin is very glorious ana shine …………..

Hi Swati i have used lemon with honey on my face daily for about 6 months and it gave a gud result as everyone told me now a days your face is glowing but after that i got pimples as i have a oily skin then doctor told me to stop using honey as it is not gud for me. Now there is no more pimple but i want to have glowing face and wants to remove oil from my face…plz suggest me….

hi Bindu, first using lemon on face everyday is really not good. please do use sunscreen. also, for oily skin, i would suggest using aloevera to control the oil production. and use tomato juice everyday at night to get glowing skin.

Namaste Swati Murti,

I have a oily skin, never tried lemon but after reading the above mentioned discussions-I am planning to start the use of lemon juice thrice a week. You suggest tomato juice over lemon juice(as it dries the skin)-let me try with lemon first and revert to you the outcome.

If I am not happy with lemon juice, then will try tomato and potato juices accordingly.

I do had a lot of acne, pores and pimples and it’s been seven months I have been taking warm H2O with a lemon every morning, there is a glow on the face, but still acne, pores and pimples have not gone completely(may be internal mechanism problem)…

I have started taking a lemon in hot water for a month now, is it ok? Please let me know.

I don’t use any soap, face wash, except for a scrub-which isn’t of great help though. As I have a oily skin, how do I maintain it to keep fresh and glowing always? I do have dark circles too..

first taking lemon in warm water is absolutely fine but it does not guarantee that all acne and pimples will be gone. acne could have come due to other reasons. moving on, i would suggest to keep the water warm instead of hot.

also, it is very important to get rid of dirt on the face and body so if you do not want to use any face wash, i would suggest you to stick to besan mixed with water. use this paste to keep the skin clean. also, i would not suggest scrubbing everyday as it is harmful for skin. besan will scrub enough of dead cells away so you can rely on it. and apply aloevera gel to control oil production on the skin as skin looks dull only when there is oil on the skin. keep the skin hydrated. eat well and drink lots of water and herbal teas.

for dark circles, use a drop of almond oil on the undereye area while sleeping. it really helps!!

Hi I m using lemon nd glycrine on ma face daily at night .. Bcoz I want glow on ma face nd I want to remove blkheads nd dark circle I jSt want to kknw is ths treatmnt benefical or not plsssss help me

Hi….. My face was clear before but now ful of pimples n luks dull, am 20 bt I look aged due to undereye lines.. So I replaced my facewash with gram flour… N every night I put a mask of turmeric lemon n sandalwood powder.. Its not workin. Please tel me wat should I do

i drink tea in the morning with a slice of lemon in it, would you say it’ll work also?
    and btw do i have to mix the lemon with water, or can i just drink it on its own?

Loved your post.
    I have been a lemon water loyalist ever since I was goaded by my mother into trying it as a teenager. At that point I was willing to try anything to put an end to the innumerable zits that started popping up on my face. This elixir has held me in good stead for years now.
    A GOOD TIP is to add a dash of cinnamon powder, its anti microbial properties add a host of benefits to the already amazing drink.

do I use lemon juice or tomato? i need to get rid of my scars, but i don’t know how to? if i use the lemon do i use it twice a day and apply sunscreen everyday or just the days i apply it? i heard that lemon makes the spots darker and i don’t want to have darker spots. i play a lot outside so please answer this question. i avoid so many events because of my acne scars.

53. 1234 says

Hello swatii… can I drink the lemon juice every morning? Does it cause a harmful affect? And whzt about the acidity level? I want to know what should I do

Hi i am a lack woman but have black spots on my face. Would i bleach my face if i use lemon juice and honey to treat the spots?

HI,

I really appreciate your great post that helps almost thousands of people. I read around 100 comments and wonderful answer given by you to all of them. Thanks for your great work.

You posted: “Lemon is good for bleaching the facial hair. Mix honey and lemon juice and apply it over the face and you would find in a month, the facial hair is no more”.

My first question is, does lemon juice affect beard growth or not?

Next, In most of the comment you advised everyone to use potato or tomato juice instead of lemon juice.

So, is it better to rub potato or tomato directly on face? or should I apply it after making juice of it (adding some water) on face?

Before few months, I suffered through chicken Pox and thus I have dark spot, and acne on face.

I have an oily skin. So I want to know, should I use only lemon juice or lemon directly on skin everyday?
    If no then, how should I use tomato or potato?

Last question : Is it better to apply any of above mentioned fruit juice on face and keep it until next morning or should i wash after 10-20 minutes?

Hi i am from Azerbaijan and i am very interesting in learning natural ways to maintain the beauty that God has given to us. I am 18 and sometime at university when i go to the bathroom i do not like how my face looks under bathrooms light and when i go to somewhere else my face looks different, Everyday morning i regularly intake a cup of water with lemon juice . I read in your article that lemon juice can cause photo sensitivity .Is is the ramification of that?

57. JUBY says

Hello swati,thsnk you so much for this beautiful article,it’s so in formative. Pls I need urgent help pls.
    I hv had/suffered from pimples for over 20yrs which has given me scars spots.I hv tried many creams which seem to work but changes my complexion if I stop using it. I want a lasting solution to this problem,I can’t go out with heavy using foundation heavily to cover the scars and black spots.i’m naturally not very fair in complexion. Thank you so much.pls reply asap

Well every morning, i started drinking a pure lemon juice drink from 2 – 40 slices on the first day of your intake to the very last.. It didn’t glow my skin..but what benefits me more is that…It protects me from sicknesses even colds and fever..well i was used to but when I started the intake… It really changes me a lot..That is why..I called it my most favorable fruit of my life..IT HELPS A LOT.. Who made this kind of fruit? it’s AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!

Every morning, I drink a pure lemon juice drink starting from day 1 (which starts at 2 lemons followed by four at the next day) to the very last of it (lasts at 40 or more )…It didn’t glowed my skin..But what helps me more is that…It protects me from colds and fever..Well I used to but when I started drinking it..I was indeed high the whole day..Even if someone coughs in front of me, I won’t get sick..I”m telling you this because it’s a home remedy..try it.. there still more stuff we can use for lemon and these are just one of those basics.. :3

(Trying lemon and honey now for a glowing skin)

(Trying lemon and honey now for a glowing skin)